when to go?

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

when to go?

Postby miken » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:53 pm

I have a waterfowl trip planned for the 09 season. Right now we are thinking of going the opening weekend of the non res. season, early Oct. My concern is, that will be too early. From your experience, is early better than late, or just the opposite?
Thanks for your help.
miken
hunter

Postby greenhead_shooter » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:26 am

I am a resident but my hunting party (family) all live in MN so they can't come over to ND until opening weekend for non-residents.
The past 4 years have been way to nice to hunt. Although we always limit out. Where we hunt it usually consists of the early morning hunt on the big sloughs then midday is full of scouting and jump shooting ending with the evening session of pass shooting or something similar.

It is not my favorite to hunt in 60 - 70 degree weather but we ALWAYS do good. We also go back during the 3rd or 4th weekend and do just as well too. So I guess this really didn't help too much. Lots of quackers where we hunt so never an issue.
It was his day to die dad. - My 6 year old watching me clean my fowl.
greenhead_shooter
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting