Bismarck area

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Bismarck area

Postby nsutter » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:24 am

Hello guys
I am from Northern California and I will be making a trip next duck season to the Bismarck area. I am Umary alumni(1997) and want to make a football game next year. I went to Umary on a football scholarship and Everytime I had a sunday hunt planned, I got hurt in Saturday's game. my biggest regret was not going duck hunting while I was there. I was able to go pheasant hunting up north from Bismarck. We went with about 8 guys and we all got limits. The pheasant were getting out of the corn field like ducks off a pond....I couldnt belive my eyes!!..

are there any public lands to hunt on in the bismarck area? I was thinking of possibly hiring a guide to take me out if there are giudes in ND?? I was also thinking that there has to be some land-owners in the alumni association that will either take me hunting or let me hunt their land... Any Umary alumni out there???
nsutter
hunter

Postby Threecar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:53 pm

I don't know any guides nor am a UMary alum. I would request a PLOTS book from the ND game and fish and do some research. Stay within the praire pothole region and you will be fine. You don't need a guide but if you feel more comfortable with one try the internet.
"purge the taint"
Threecar
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting