Too Early??

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Too Early??

Postby CluckmeMN » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:52 pm

I am sure that this question gets asked alot. But a group of 4 of us are heading out to the Devils lake area on the weekend of OCT. 10 for a week. Is this too early. Obviously no migratiors for the most part. We are targeting puddle ducks in small sloughs and fields for geese - I am bringing all my gear for both. I have heard go early or way late. Would the week of OCT 10 be in the "lull" part of the season. any imput is all appreciated
CluckmeMN
Newb

Re: Too Early??

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:27 pm

CluckmeMN wrote:I am sure that this question gets asked alot. But a group of 4 of us are heading out to the Devils lake area on the weekend of OCT. 10 for a week. Is this too early. Obviously no migratiors for the most part. We are targeting puddle ducks in small sloughs and fields for geese - I am bringing all my gear for both. I have heard go early or way late. Would the week of OCT 10 be in the "lull" part of the season. any imput is all appreciated

Ducks you'll be fine....geese will be so-so (especially snows) as they come later.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting