average weather

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

average weather

Postby miken » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm going waterfowl hunting with some of my friends to Goodrich the first weekend of October. What is the average weather like, ie, hot, warm cool, wet or windy? Just trying to get some idea before we go.
Thanks
Mike
miken
hunter

Re: average weather

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:44 pm

miken wrote:I'm going waterfowl hunting with some of my friends to Goodrich the first weekend of October. What is the average weather like, ie, hot, warm cool, wet or windy? Just trying to get some idea before we go.
Thanks
Mike

I don't hunt far from there. Really, expect anything. You never know what October in ND is going to be like. Statistically the during the past 10 years (dry season) it's been warm...things have changed since last winter so who knows this year.

I'd expect to pack from 70 degrees to 10 degrees - keep an eye on the forecast when it draws near.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby miken » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Okay, thanks.
How's the hunting that time of year?
miken
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:40 am

The weather dictates how many migrants are down....usually it's at the very front end at that time.

We are going to have more locals this year than we've had in awhile, so that should keep it interesting.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting