Well.....?

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Well.....?

Postby KyFowl20 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:33 pm

How did everyone do this morning? Did anyone hunt the Ohio River?
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Re: Well.....?

Postby BLACKJACK225 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Down in southern KY at school so I didnt get a chance to go out but Im headin home for Labor Day weekend so Ill be out there. Dont really have a spot so looks like Ill just be wingin it. I live about 30 mins from the Ohio but havent hunted it and havent heard anything so cant help you out there.
BLACKJACK225
hunter

Postby andrew_kirby » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:34 pm

:sniper: saw a crap load of ducks and geese first thing all of them leaving the roost area i was set up on...had a few singles commit and die and then i sat there till 1pm sweating balls until i pulled the plug......showed up at the public area at 3 am thinking thered be others there nobody at 5 someone showed up stayed a couple hours and left....that was it crappy day...i went to public because all our privates its like the geese just vacated.....
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:16 am

We missed the geese in the morning as they decided not to use our field so we went to work on the doves. 6 of use limited out in about 2 hours on doves so we cleaned them and 8 pigeons that got to close and went and ate dinner leaving our field goose spread setup. We came back about 6:15 and had 300- 500 mallards and blacks in our field before the geese came. We took 10 geese should have had more was just poor shooting as they all were shot 10- 40 yds. First flock was 37 birds lol but they started landing behind the blinds from 3 steps to 25yds. :huh: :eek: :yes: We probably saw 1500 geese total yesterday from that field. We will get them again this weekend.
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:29 am

3 man dove limit...went bass fishing in the belly boat and caught a few...hit buddies trout club and flyfished for a 1/2 dozen eaters. Good day! :thumbsup: Will set-up on some honkers this weekend! :thumbsup:
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby R. Toker » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Tuesday morning we set up in a cut oats field. At 7:15 the geese came. The first three flocks landed short of us and the last flock decided to split the distance. That was a mistake!! At least until my partners put on the worst display of shooting I've ever seen. I was able to kill two my two hunting partners emptied their guns with nothing to show!! :no: We saw well over 100 geese. We got skunked Tues. evening and again Wed. morning. Will be back out tomm. morning and Sat. morning. My one buddy said it best when he said "I wasn't evening aiming, I was just making noise!!".
Lynch Mob Calls
Gander Valley Custom Calls
Beretta AL 391 Urika2 28"
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
Beretta SV10 Prevail III 32"
WATERFOWL AND SPORTING CLAYS!!!
R. Toker
hunter

Postby andrew_kirby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:11 pm

well tuesday and wednesday seen a lot got alot today was set up in the wrong spot and the person i was with got two...not bad hunted public tuesday and wednesday and say tons of birds
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting