Only A Little Longer

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, cartervj, jsa

Only A Little Longer

Postby BLACKJACK225 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:09 am

At college and going home in a couple weeks for fall break to hunt the opener in the south zone. Cant wait my buddy from Michigan is coming down. Thinkin about Ceasers Creek Lake but trying to get permission on a couple cornfields either way its going to be a blast. Whats everyone's plans?
BLACKJACK225
hunter

Re: Only A Little Longer

Postby KyFowl20 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Me and a buddy of mine are tryin to find a decent place to hunt for the opener. We are willing to trade a hunt in West KY if anyone is willing to put us on some birds.
TEAM T&A / OUTLAW
2013 / 2014 Season

KY:
Canadas: 121
Snows: 1
Ducks: 102
WI
Geese: 0
Ducks: 5

Haddix Game Calls Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby jsa » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:34 am

Opener will probably be at CJ Brown. The farm hasn't been cut yet. The owner tried to dig out the pond this spring and reduced it's area by half :no: We'll see how that plays out this year. It's still the only water for about a mile in any direction.

I was thinking about Spring Valley marsh a couple times this year but I don't have a blind out there. Will it pi$$ anybody off to hunt from a canoe out there? Or do the blind spots dominate the marsh? It seems like there's enough room...
jsa
State Moderator

Postby duckinater » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:13 am

as long as the cor gets picked i know where i'll be... If not maybe ceasars creek somewhere
duckinater
hunter

Postby BLACKJACK225 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:09 pm

In my mind the SV marsh is pretty hit or miss. Ive been hunting it the past 3 yrs. Dont go on the weekend cause its usually covered with hunters. You can take a canoe out there. If you go on the week days its pretty quiet and you got alot of room out there. If you try hunting from the bank watch your footing casue the bottom is covered in muck and you sink about a foot or so every step. We have killed some birds and had a few good days but mostly its not that good but thats just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. Good luck to yah whereever you go.
BLACKJACK225
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:15 pm

jsa wrote:The owner tried to dig out the pond this spring and reduced it's area by half.

Sounds like he didnt do a very good job of digging it out eh? :lol3:

Season starts in Michigan next weekend and I will be out on some farm ponds and city property we have permission to hunt. I will be hunting pretty much every weekend that the season will allow once it starts.

Once Thanksgiving roles around I have a deer hunt lined up on some private property that I am looking forward to, it has been years since I have been in the woods chasing deer.

Then it is down to Ohio to see what I can scare up through December.

9 more days...
This is the Internet. This is serious.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting