Youth Pheasant Hunts...

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Youth Pheasant Hunts...

Postby tstroud05 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:50 am

Hey does anyone know of any kids who want to go on the youth pheasant hunt at Fallsville this year? I need to run my dog, but I don't know anybody under 18 that hunts. If anyone knows someone that want's to do this please PM me. Please don't suggest someone who is going to blow me or my dog's head off. They need to have passed the hunter safety course, and if the parent wants to tag along, if the kid is under 16, that would be great.
Hey there 'lil fella', ready to meet your maker?
tstroud05
hunter

Re: Youth Pheasant Hunts...

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:25 pm

Wish I could help you out, but I do not know of anyone that young. Too bad, it would be good for the kid and your dog.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby tstroud05 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:26 pm

It's a sad day in the tradition of hunting when it becomes this hard to find a young person who actually hunts.
Hey there 'lil fella', ready to meet your maker?
tstroud05
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:45 am

tstroud05 wrote: Please don't suggest someone who is going to blow me or my dog's head off.[/color]

Personal opinion cause I know you love your dog...if he isn't steady to flush I would not pheasant hunt him under youth. Mine is not steady to flush because I want him under the wild birds when they fall but it is not a good mix for new hunters of any age or kids with little-to-no experience hunting over a dog. :thumbsup:
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting