Ottawa Wildlife Preserve hunt

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Ottawa Wildlife Preserve hunt

Postby Wags » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:14 pm

Yesterday I hunted the OWP on my won lottery hunt. Perfect weather, rain, wind and warmed up to 47. My blind was not the best location in my opinon. Only had a puddle about 25yds long and 15yds wide. Not a lot of landing room. Two woodies did stop by and a drake mallard. It was blind #93. Flooded corn field and bean with about 14" of water. The guys in blind #72 were firing all morning.

Waterfowl traffic was not that hot yet. Did see lots of geese, but ducks were still on the slow side. Maybe this cold spell will move them our way soon. The DNR guys said the same about the traffic, need some good cold weather.

Wags
Wags
hunter

Postby bluebilldays » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:31 am

I agree! Had to work today so I went out for some woodies in the river this morning. Mananged to one woodie drake and missed an oppertunity at a pair of mallards. Oh well it was nice to to be out this morning, sunny but cold. I was going to do some scouting this morning for divers on the lake or the bay, but wanted to get some woodies. I have been hearing that some of them have shown up allready( alittle early, but I'll take it), and am considering taking my layouts out tomarrow. I would hate to do this blind by not knowing if there are enough divers to warrent a layout hunt. Any number counts will help. Thanks!!!!!!!
bluebilldays
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting