Metzger marsh

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Metzger marsh

Postby duckenit » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Metzger Marsh’s 900+ acres, 558 are the Ohio Division of Wildlife’s property. Which brings me to the question. Why is it, there is 558 acres to hunt, and these people have to set up within 100 yards of each other ?? What ever happened to respect ?

This year, I have seen some of the worst hunting practices I have ever encountered. People setting up way to close to others, sky busting that you wouldn't believe me if I told you and people launching their boats 30 minutes before shooting time. I saw a guy today with 4 robo ducks and 6 decoys. I heard him call as well. Thought it was New Year's eve out there. It appears the only thing some people care about is how many ducks they can get no matter how they get them. A 125 yard shot straight up is NOT duck hunting !!!! How can you identify the bird you are shooting at at that range? A group of guys set up within 100 yards of me. I walked over and said they are too close and asked them if they were going to move, they replied, " 100 yards is far enough, you must not of been duck hunting for very long". The positive side of that encounter, they didn't call every 3 minutes, they didn't call at the birds that were working me and they took quality shots.

I know I have made mistakes and will again. No one is perfect. I will always show respect to other hunters and to the sport of duck hunting.
duckenit
hunter

Re: Metzger marsh

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:37 pm

If you have a complaint about the behavior and ethics of the average public land waterfowl hunter, get in line.
It seems to be the general consensus that everyone else is a slob who has no business in the field.

I, however, am perfect and often complimented on my sportsmanship and hunting prowess by other hunters when I go out.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting