First year in Ohio...Not horrible.

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, cartervj, jsa

First year in Ohio...Not horrible.

Postby dogsbestfriend2 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Well this was my first year hunting ducks and geese in the O.H.I.O. and it wasnt as bad as I taught. Spent most of the season finding public access and with some success seem to find some spots off the beaten path. Scratched out a few ducks and geese and by the last 2weeks pretty much found a decent set up that works. Did decide with as few shots as you get here I am going to move to Remington HD rounds to make them count. Found out once the freeze hit people disappeard and the birds showed up. No where near the birds I am use to coming from WA state but, I am planning a December trip back there to kill some birds.

PS.
Willing to take a hard working duck hunter out and share some knowledge. Warning went through 2 hunters this year whom were not willing to work, I get there early, work hard and even bust ice. Went duck hunting with a sledge hammer the last month of the season. :hammer:
2008/2009 Tally
Hunts 18
Ducks 86
Widgeon 34
Pintail 8
Gadwall 10
Mallards 13
Spoony 2
Ruddy 1
GW Teal 4
Bufflehead 9
BlueBills 4
Comon Golden Eye 3
Dogs Retrieves 120 ducks 1 goose
dogsbestfriend2
hunter

Re: First year in Ohio...Not horrible.

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Are you up near Lake Erie?

Don't worry - stay in Ohio a couple years - your enthusiam with a sledge hammer will wain. :yes:
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby sc83 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Where at in Ohio you located? I'm in the SW part of the state. Always willing to try and meet someone new to hunt with.
sc83
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Wed May 12, 2010 8:31 pm

How is the hunting in north central ohio? Around Sandusky? I live in KY now, but all my family is from the Bellevue area, and I'm up there quite a bit, just don't know much about the duck and goose hunting up that way... Anybody hunt around there??
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting