Looking for Local Opportunities

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Looking for Local Opportunities

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:15 am

Hey Guys,

Do any of you know of chapters of DU or another organization that is local to the Warren County area? I will be graduating from college here in couple months and I want to get involved somehow now that I will have the time. Any organizations or clubs that do some kind of conservation work in the area? I am just looking to find a way to do something beneficial for the birds and their habitat, I think it would make for a fun way to spend the summer until season starts.
It's all true, as far as I know.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Re: Looking for Local Opportunities

Postby ohio mike » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:42 pm

If you don't have a local DU chapter start one.DU will walk you thru it.Alot of local gun clubs let you have the clubhouse free.Contact DU on their web site for info.Good for you and good luck.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:22 pm

I am sure that there is a local chapter somewhere, I just don't know the specifics. I was hoping that someone would be able to point me in the right direction. Being a fresh college grad, I really don't know where I am ultimately going to end up so I probably would not want to start a chapter since I might be pulled away by career opportunities elsewhere. I am hoping to just find an organization I can help out with in the meantime.

Thanks for the reply Mike, I appreciate it.
It's all true, as far as I know.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby ohio mike » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 am

Probably the fastest way would be to check with the local game warden.Or closest wildlife area.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Botits - great idea. You should be able to find out here.

http://www.ducks.org/Ohio/OhioDUChapter ... pters.html

You can also contact the GW office in your area like Mike suggested and gaim permission to build/stand up Wood Duck boxes in wildlife areas. Inexpensive way to give back. :thumbsup:
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting