Saugeye

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, cartervj, jsa

Saugeye

Postby ohio mike » Thu May 06, 2010 11:01 pm

For anybody in central Ohio the saugeye bite at Indian Lake is underway.This is a excellent opportunity for folks with even small boats to get in on some good fishing.Guys on the bank do pretty good too.There is no size limit this year and the limits six.I limited out for the first time this year,and threw back eight.I personally don't keep Anything under 14 inchs as a rule.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Re: Saugeye

Postby HNTFSH » Fri May 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Thanks Mike - me forgets. What's the HP limit over there? Surprised the saugeye do well in such shallow waters.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Fri May 07, 2010 11:12 pm

Unlimited horsepower.They actually have a few Walleye tourneys each year.If you go put in at the sw corner(Lakeview)And head ne about 3/4 of the way to a point by the beach theres a underwater ridge(old roadbed or something) that runs east and west sorta.Fish the edges its about 5 ft deep there.stay about a foot off the bottom.The color is chartreuse green.Just look you'll see the boats.Also the male gills are on the beds.I'll tell you where the Saugeye are,don't ask about the gills.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby sc83 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Was fishing the creek at Caesars the last 3 days and tore up the saugeye. Me and my brother got 11 on Wed limited out [12] Thurs adn caught 7 yesterday. All were over 12in with the one 18incher and three 19inchers.
sc83
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting