hunting lease

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

hunting lease

Postby smokeyboyz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm

What would you pay for a season of hunting sep-jan at a great swamp lots of action already has a great blind and easy access from the road? I got 3 guys that want to lease this from me and let me join them any time i want what is it worth?
smokeyboyz
Newb

Re: hunting lease

Postby smokeyboyz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Any info would be great

thanks
smokeyboyz
Newb

Postby jsa » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:48 pm

I have no idea.
My uncle used to lease until the cost of the land he was leasing went from $1000 to 10,000 from one year to the next. I hunt public land.
jsa
State Moderator

Postby ohio mike » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:59 pm

What part of Ohio?
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:06 pm

doesnt matter what we would pay. What matters is what the three guys will pay. Have them make you an offer and if it is enough to make you sign away the use of your land than it is the right number. If you look at the number and think to yourself, eh, that's not gonna do it for me, I will just use the land myself, then it is too low and tell them they better get serious if they want to use the swamp. It would have to be pretty high to make me do anything like that, though. If I had a great swamp with plenty of action that lasted from Sept. to Jan, well first I would check a map to make sure I was actually in Ohio, then I would guard that little gold mine with my life.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Botiz630 wrote:doesnt matter what we would pay. What matters is what the three guys will pay. Have them make you an offer and if it is enough to make you sign away the use of your land than it is the right number. If you look at the number and think to yourself, eh, that's not gonna do it for me, I will just use the land myself, then it is too low and tell them they better get serious if they want to use the swamp. It would have to be pretty high to make me do anything like that, though. If I had a great swamp with plenty of action that lasted from Sept. to Jan, well first I would check a map to make sure I was actually in Ohio, then I would guard that little gold mine with my life.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I'm thinkin' that's why Mike asked too.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:26 pm

I kind of figured that's what he meant, just thought I would be a little more direct about it. :lol3:
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby smokeyboyz » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:55 am

thanks to all who replied i am near Lancaster Ohio that is what i was thinking duck hunting spots are much harder to find then a deer hunting lease i have given them a number and we'll see what happens they did however say i could join them anytime

thanks again
smokeyboyz
Newb

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:24 am

Keep in mind that Botits, Mike, JSA, and I can all make it over to Lancaster at some point. :yes:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:29 am

HNTFSH wrote:Keep in mind that Botits, Mike, JSA, and I can all make it over to Lancaster at some point. :yes:

:yes:
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:Keep in mind that Botits, Mike, JSA, and I can all make it over to Lancaster at some point. :yes:

Only fair way to provide valuation. :beer:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:

Only fair way to provide valuation. :beer:

And for only a modest fee a written evalulation can be provided after adequate testing in both the AM and PM time frames.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:38 am

ohio mike wrote:And for only a modest fee a written evalulation can be provided after adequate testing in both the AM and PM time frames.

That really would be best. :yes:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby smokeyboyz » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:22 am

nice well if they don't take it maybe we'll arrange a hunt! Where are you guys from?
smokeyboyz
Newb

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:15 pm

I'm in Columbus, believe Mike is NW of me and JSA & Botits are SW of me.

Lancaster isn't well known for swamp land - you have beaver ponds?
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:56 pm

HNTFSH wrote:I'm in Columbus, believe Mike is NW of me and JSA & Botits are SW of me

Yep, born and raised in Warren County.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:28 am

Incidentally...I am not trying to hone in on your honey hole...I am just danged excited we have a thread in the Ohio forum. :yes:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:11 pm

All kidding aside,Its gotta be worth a easy grand and thats cheap in a lot of parts of the country.I also wouldn't let it be hunted more then three days a week,and never two days in a row.Not hunting all day is also a wise idea.If you pound the h&ll out of it tha ducks will leave and not come back.Leaving it alone in the afternoon is a very good idea.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby sc83 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:34 pm

As previously stated a grand sounds about right if it is truly a productive spot through out the year. IF you do it just give them a strict set of rules that they would have to abide by at all times.
sc83
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:33 am

Mike and sc83 are right on the rules of engagement. Sometimes people transpose 'lease' to mean 'temporarily owned' versus being a 'guest with access'. There's a big difference.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby dogsbestfriend2 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:03 pm

Was kind of surprised to see this much action on a Ohio thread :clapping: . If I found me a honey hole in this state I would hold on to it with both hands. I miss slaying the ducks so much I am flying out to WA state this fall to fill my void. Plus want to ad a few more to the Trophy Room. If anyone wants to get together and hunt let me know. I work hard for the birds and have a great dog. I have also found a few spots in SW that have produced some birds for me last year and have access to some fields for geese. Or if anyone has a dog they want to train we can get together. I am going to run some hunt test this fall.
2008/2009 Tally
Hunts 18
Ducks 86
Widgeon 34
Pintail 8
Gadwall 10
Mallards 13
Spoony 2
Ruddy 1
GW Teal 4
Bufflehead 9
BlueBills 4
Comon Golden Eye 3
Dogs Retrieves 120 ducks 1 goose
dogsbestfriend2
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:14 pm

dogsbestfriend2 wrote:Was kind of surprised to see this much action on a Ohio thread :clapping: . If I found me a honey hole in this state I would hold on to it with both hands. I miss slaying the ducks so much I am flying out to WA state this fall to fill my void. Plus want to ad a few more to the Trophy Room. If anyone wants to get together and hunt let me know. I work hard for the birds and have a great dog. I have also found a few spots in SW that have produced some birds for me last year and have access to some fields for geese. Or if anyone has a dog they want to train we can get together. I am going to run some hunt test this fall.

Where you going to run tests? :thumbsup:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting