question

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

question

Postby Coleman24 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:42 am

Hi, I am from south eastern PA and have a quick question, and just want to see if anyone recomends them...

but here is the deal, my sisters boyfriend is going to college in Ohio, near cleveland, so i made a deal with her and said i would take her out to his school for 2 weekends if she pays for me ONE hunt out in Ohio, she was all for that (because she does not want to be driving all the way to Ohio by herself.)

Originally I was going to go on a deer hunt out there, but they are to pricey, and we have a limit on the amount of money she will spend on the hunt, if it is one I am really wanting to go on i will chip in the rest.

I am not familiar with Ohio at all, been out there a couple times, but it was just driving through on our long drive to Oklahoma. So i googles duck/goose hunting guides in Ohio and HonkerBonker Guide service came up... Has anyone ever used them to hunt, or anyone a guide with them or anything, the site seems neat, and they seem to know what they are doing. Just any ideas would be great, and if anyone has any other recommendations I am up to hear them... Looking to kill more ducks than geese as I can kill plenty of geese where I live, but would love to just smack both.

Thanks in advance,

Coleman
Coleman24
hunter

Re: question

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Dwayne's a good guy and you'll mostly be on geese I would suspect. Might get some ducks in those fields but geese are the staple. Somewhat depends on time of year and climate too,
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Try the Sandusky and Port Clinton Chambers of Commerence,there are some guides that do Sandusky Bay layout hunts.The birds stack up there by the thousands.The right time of the year it can be as good as anywhere in the US.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby sc83 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 pm

I believe Crooked River Guide Service is around the Cleveland area. Never hunted with them but have seen some photos and heard stories of some good hunts with them.
sc83
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting