GOOD LUCK

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

GOOD LUCK

Postby andrew_kirby » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:25 pm

For those of you lucky dogs going tomorrow morning good luck and post some pictures. Ill be out with a buddy tomorrow night but crops havent been harvested on most of our places and the state lands by us didnt get planted this year so we will see.

GOOD LUCK its finally here. :clapping:
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Re: GOOD LUCK

Postby jsa » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Doves tomorrow; I'll be tossing & turning all night. Damn these 12:00 shooting times!!
jsa
State Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Good luck tomorrow guys. Post pics if you get into them. I will be trying my best this weekend to make sure they never make it down to you boys. :hammer:
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:29 pm

Good luck tomorrow guys. Post pics if you get into them. I will be trying my best this weekend to make sure they never make it down to you boys. :hammer:
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby andrew_kirby » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:05 pm

I have accomplished nothing at work today. 1.5 hrs and im heading to the field. we had a lot of birds come in last night were we are going its 90 degrees and didnt here a lot of shooting around work today so we can only hope. :hammer:
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Postby jsa » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Paint Creek was a bust. I shot 2 doves and got a hell of a sunburn. Good times :thumbsup: at least I wasn't at work :yes:
jsa
State Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:09 pm

jsa wrote:Paint Creek was a bust. I shot 2 doves and got a hell of a sunburn. Good times :thumbsup: at least I wasn't at work :yes:

There's no dove field there? We had a two-man limit in a bit over an hour. You guys have to start at noon there?
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby jsa » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:53 am

HNTFSH wrote:
jsa wrote:Paint Creek was a bust. I shot 2 doves and got a hell of a sunburn. Good times :thumbsup: at least I wasn't at work :yes:

There's no dove field there? We had a two-man limit in a bit over an hour. You guys have to start at noon there?

I was in a dove field at Centerfield Rd. & Wilson Rd. Set up at 10:45, couldn't shoot till 12:00, nothing started flying till about 4. I left at 6:30.

Where were you HNTFSH?
jsa
State Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:20 am

jsa wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

I was in a dove field at Centerfield Rd. & Wilson Rd. Set up at 10:45, couldn't shoot till 12:00, nothing started flying till about 4. I left at 6:30.

Where were you HNTFSH?

ahhh!!! Pardon my brag...I meant it to differentiate between the Noon fields and the Sunrise fields. I can understand some premium Dove Field draws (controlled hunt) but I don't get why you guys have so many down there and why the noon start? :huh:

Heck - you had to leave right before the 2nd best part of the day!!!

I guess the upside might be longer viability of the field by not blasting 85% of the birds using it in one morning though. Just not sure that's the reasoning. :huh:
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby tstroud05 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:17 am

Went to the dove drawing at Fallsville yesterday. Buddy ditched me for the hunt. Winged a goose waiting for him to show up.Took the dog a stinkin hour to get it back to me (first cripple for him, and goose for that matter). It was funny and frustrating all at once. He is so used to dead birds and dummies that he didn't understand why the bird would swim away from him when he let it go at the bank (happened 3 times). He would catch up to the bird, the bird would dive, and he would look at me like what the hell just happened? Put it this way, I had to call him back to me 3 times so he could rest. Then I sent him back out. He normally brings the bird (dead ducks) to me and heels before he drops them. I am guessing he was dropping this one becasue it was so much heavier. I didn't shoot it again, because I think it was a great experience for him. He did, however figure out how he could get the bird back up when it would dive. He would step on it as soon as it would go under. Just a funny experience all together.
As far as my dove hunt, I didn't go out until 6:30 PM. Shot 3 birds with 8 shots, would have gotten more but a spent shell jammed up in the barrel of my gun, and I had to get it out with a stick. Took about 15-20 mins.
* Sorry for the long winded post, just had to get it out there. I will post picks of Pup & his quarry when I get home from work.
Hey there 'lil fella', ready to meet your maker?
tstroud05
hunter

Postby jsa » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Sounds like a fun time, both the retrieve and the hung shell!

I skipped hunting Thurs, too hot. Just packed up and headed to my folks house on Norris Lake (TN). The weather was much more conducive to wakeboarding!
jsa
State Moderator

Postby tstroud05 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Yes, yes it would have def. been nice to get in the water on Thursday.
Hey there 'lil fella', ready to meet your maker?
tstroud05
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting