Finally found some geese

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Finally found some geese

Postby ohio mike » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:12 pm

The geese are starting to move as the corn comes off.Killed a couple this morning and last night.The dog made his first goose retrieve,about 50 yards on a cripple in standing beans and throw in a fence he had to jump.Couldn't have asked for a better job.I did give him a break and didn't make him try to jump the fence with a goose in his mouth.Not a teal in sight.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Re: Finally found some geese

Postby BrentPrice » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:41 pm

ohio mike wrote:The geese are starting to move as the corn comes off.Killed a couple this morning and last night.The dog made his first goose retrieve,about 50 yards on a cripple in standing beans and throw in a fence he had to jump.Couldn't have asked for a better job.I did give him a break and didn't make him try to jump the fence with a goose in his mouth.Not a teal in sight.

That's where all my geese went! Ha! I was having a pretty good showing about every other day @ the pond I hunt. Then, past couple days I have not seen any. On the teal side of things, not sure if they are locals or what, but I have been seeing between 5-10 regulary show up every night to roost. Only have a couple more days to knock some more down, the geese I have taken are soaking up some marinade right now...hope to add to my grocery list before the early season ends. Good Luck!
BrentPrice
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting