Opening day for late goose season

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Opening day for late goose season

Postby Boomn4x4 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:29 pm

Got up earlier than usual today, I knew someone else was going to be in the field and I wanted to get to the blind before they showed up. Good thing I did, arrived on site to find 4 feet of snow drifed in the blind. Fortunatly there was a shovel in the truck. Dug out and began to set up deeks. I found out this morning why foam shell's are not always the best choice. Spent about 15 min chasing down two that were caught by a gust of wind, one made it about 100 yards before I finally jumped on it. Sat down in a snow drift and watched hundreds of geese land about three miles away for two hours. Finally...... small flock of about 7 took the bait and set their wings, only 4 flew away. Would have like to have gotten one more, but I'll take what I can get.
[/img]
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:15 pm

Hunted this AM bymyself in one of my real good fields, shot the first 2 geese I saw in the morning my hunt lasted about 15 minutes plus the time to put the spread out and pull it then went and called for some other buddies hunting the shore of Erie we shot a few, pics posted in goose hunting forum
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby vanvo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:05 pm

we arent open till the 17th but today there were about five hundred geese in our corn field with a couple hundred ducks flying all over the field. around me there is only one body of water open and i own all of the fields around it. saturday mornin will be a slaughter
vanvo
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting