How'd you do?

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

How'd you do?

Postby birddog1148 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 am

Well I got a goose, never got a shot at a duck. Learned a few things this morning. 1) I am too fat for my waders anymore. 2) A tracker topper 12 is too small for my brother and me. 3) My old Pfluger trolling motor is slower than a wounded goose. 4) Said waders need a fly after 2 cups of coffee. But we had fun, and did recover the wounded goose.

Where cay you get fat guy waders?
Attachments
openingdaygoose.jpg
will hunt for food.
birddog1148
hunter

Re: How'd you do?

Postby sc83 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Congrats on the goose. Hunted Pickerel this morning and only managed one Gaddy. Had someone shoot at 710 :no: adn scare every bird in our zone out. Other than that had a good time.
sc83
hunter

Postby Erie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:31 pm

birddog1148 wrote:Well I got a goose, never got a shot at a duck. Learned a few things this morning. 1) I am too fat for my waders anymore. 2) A tracker topper 12 is too small for my brother and me. 3) My old Pfluger trolling motor is slower than a wounded goose. 4) Said waders need a fly after 2 cups of coffee. But we had fun, and did recover the wounded goose.

Where cay you get fat guy waders?

Not sure how tall you are but you can get "stout" sizes from Cabelas and they add a few inches in the mid section.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Killed my limit of Mallards after missing a couple.Was shooting Remington Hypersonics,those things are hot, so hot that they split the forearm on my 105CTI II .I was pi$$ed Remington is gonna here from me Monday,you ought to be able to shoot remington ammo in a Remington gun.Tomorrow is Ruger O/U day.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby amsrc11 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:02 am

We got a two man limit of geese this morning. Kille em at 15 yards. Just the way i like em!
amsrc11
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 am

ohio mike wrote:Killed my limit of Mallards after missing a couple.Was shooting Remington Hypersonics,those things are hot, so hot that they split the forearm on my 105CTI II .I was pi$$ed Remington is gonna here from me Monday,you ought to be able to shoot remington ammo in a Remington gun.Tomorrow is Ruger O/U day.

Dang Mike that stinks - were they 2 3/4 or 3" shells? Nice work on the Mallards - a limit is always a good day! :thumbsup:

I tagged a double on Mallards Sunday and a few self-inflicted goof-ups over the weekend. Didn't want to mess with the 'opener' crowd so hunted private but less birds. Sure wish we'd get a wet 1st split on of these years!
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby alanwebfoot » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:10 am

thats a fantastic looking hole your in and you don't look fat to me ,,,yeah Cabelas offers sizes in waders so big I could cut them in half ,I just bought big juniors and they fit me fine
alanwebfoot
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting