Storm

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Storm

Postby ohio mike » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Weather service is calling for a h&ll of a storm coming in off the northern plains.Not cold but high winds and rain. This could blow a lot of ducks from Minnesota and Southern Canada right in our laps.Its coming to Indiana Mon night 10/25 and into Ohio on Tuesday and Wednesday.I'm gonna be out at daybreak Thursday.This could be a real oppurtunity all the way thru the weekend.Be careful out there. :thumbsup:
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Re: Storm

Postby sc83 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:18 pm

gonna give it a try for a while before work tomorrow. Been seeing lots of geese in the area so hoping for some good results.
sc83
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Blew like a son of a gun all day up here today.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby andrew_kirby » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:26 am

I hunted the storm last night while it was the worst here and it was pretty amazing ducks everywhere and we havent been seeing a lot in that swamp but last night they were everywhere. Everybody called me nuts when i asked them to go so i went alone and very happy i did
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Postby ducknazi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:38 am

not sure if we got a push or they were just congregated to get out of the wind, but there were 200 greenwings on the little marsh last night. Only 3 came back along with 2 mallards, but they went home with us. And they're there this morning.

Andrew-call me if you're off thursday morning and want to go.

DN
ducknazi
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:07 am

That was a fun storm - I didn't net any birds last night but it was fun standing in the sprinkles - hopeful. :yes:

I am not convinced there's 'more birds' but they are better grouped.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby andrew_kirby » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:28 am

Ya i forgot to ask casey how you guys did i tried to get a couple buddies from the base to come down and nobody would. Lots of ducks ill have to see if the plant will let me get off and ill get a hold of you.
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Postby alanwebfoot » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:07 am

I actually pulled out to work on a bluewing for a guy [mounting] and was back 10 minutes when 25 or 30 geese went right over the backyard heading down the Scioto to a corn field SOOOOO after skinning vfleshing washing the bluewing back out I go to catch them on the return, it blew so hard my floaters were doing somersaults in the water didn't budge the weight ,just looked ridicilous,there were whitecaps on the Scioto ,I think cold weather pushing DOWN from the north will move the birds ,not too sure this affected much
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby andrew_kirby » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 am

well whether or not it affected anything doesnt matter to me all i know is that i seen more ducks last night than i have so far which is fine for me
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Postby ohio mike » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Killed some Mallards and a Ruddy thurs. morning. Set up in a bad place first thing and had to move so we lost out on the prime time.Daughter did most of the shooting,I only killed 1 mallard ,also the only one I shot at was shooting backup.Going out with the other daughter Saturday.There are new birds on the lake mostly divers along with Mallards.Would be good diver hunting with a layout boat.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting