a steal at a DU banquet

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

a steal at a DU banquet

Postby alanwebfoot » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:45 pm

got back this evening from a DU banquet where a man purchased at auction an original [not a resin cast] wood carved Jett Brunet Goldeneye for $135. that bird was amzing for the detail and paint!!!
alanwebfoot
hunter

Re: a steal at a DU banquet

Postby jsa » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:33 am

Sounds neat but I have no idea what that decoy is or what price it should have otherwise sold for.
jsa
State Moderator

Postby alanwebfoot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 am

I'm not an expert but I do know Jett and Tad have won best in the world many times over and looking at that decoy showed me why I tell you it impressed me more than any of the prints shotguns or bronzes there it was that lifelike looking!!! I was afraid to touch it but the auctioneer said it even felt like feathers should have went MUCH higher!!
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm not up on it either but sounds like a great win.

Seems if I win anything it's Sea Duck related here in Ohio. :yes:

In case any of you guys were wondering why your 1 split was slow - here's the November 15th Flyway report. :lol3:

No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby amsrc11 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:43 am

who says the first half was slow!!!!! i had great hunting so far!!!
amsrc11
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:58 am

amsrc11 wrote:who says the first half was slow!!!!! i had great hunting so far!!!

lolololol...that's good news! The field hunting on locals was good with the beans and corn in so early. Juts didn't catch many migrators or many birds over water. There's not a lot of water! I do know some did well with the Woodies early though.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby alanwebfoot » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:16 pm

just now starting to see big flocks of canadas in picked corn Sunday saw a flock of at least 300 with one snow white one ,second time for that bird first time in much smaller flock of 15 or 18 it's an albino too because of longer neck and no black wing tips says it 's not a snow
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby amsrc11 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:18 pm

last time i was out on the split. we saw several hundered if not a thousand migrators flying high in the wind. the place i have been hunting we were seeing about 1000 birds. hope that this cold weather will really have em stacked up in my honey hole!!!!! good luck to all for the late split!!!!!!!!
amsrc11
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting