This morning

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

This morning

Postby birddog1148 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:21 pm

The 3 brothers got 3 geese this morning, hunting either Ottawa or McGee wed, youngest brother got drawn for both on the same day.
Attachments
112110goose.jpg
112110goose.jpg (5.75 KiB) Viewed 906 times
will hunt for food.
User avatar
birddog1148
hunter
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: North Coast, Sandusky OHIO


Re: This morning

Postby jsa » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:58 am

I absolutely hate this north zone/south zone BS.

I can't hunt till 12/11
User avatar
jsa
State Moderator
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: miami valley ohio

Re: This morning

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:50 am

jsa wrote:I absolutely hate this north zone/south zone BS.

I can't hunt till 12/11


It is ridiculous...it just magnifies the unknown weather issues we already have no control over. The NZ guys are done mid December which stinks also.

No Waterfowl from Oct 31 thru December 10th? Per Mike's other post - shizcan the early Teal and give us more huntable season days.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 19426
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: This morning

Postby sc83 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 pm

I wish they would do away with the early teal/goose and just tack on an additional two weeks to the end of our seasons. It would also be nice if they would start openign the south zone in mid to late November. And killing the north zone before Christmas is just crap. Anything to appease the big dollar marshes along erie.
sc83
hunter
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Kettering SW Ohio

Re: This morning

Postby jsa » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:34 pm

birddog1148 wrote:The 3 brothers got 3 geese this morning, hunting either Ottawa or McGee wed, youngest brother got drawn for both on the same day.


Didn't mean to hijack....

Sounds like a great day afield! I only wish anyone in my family hunted.
User avatar
jsa
State Moderator
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: miami valley ohio

Re: This morning

Postby birddog1148 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Dad and I hunted Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge this morning, blind #9. No ducks for us, they knew where the blind was and stayed out of range. :crying:

Brothers got a drake mallard at Magee
will hunt for food.
User avatar
birddog1148
hunter
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: North Coast, Sandusky OHIO

Re: This morning

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Those are tough hunts with all the early sky-blasters. I too found you need to stand away from the blind which is tough footing.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 19426
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: This morning

Postby birddog1148 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:44 pm

HNTFSH wrote:Those are tough hunts with all the early sky-blasters. I too found you need to stand away from the blind which is tough footing.

They put us in that blind cause it was easy to get to from the road, dad cant get thu the marsh like he used to, so we sat in it. But a bad day hunting with Dad is still a good day! :biggrin:
will hunt for food.
User avatar
birddog1148
hunter
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: North Coast, Sandusky OHIO

Re: This morning

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:01 pm

birddog1148 wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:Those are tough hunts with all the early sky-blasters. I too found you need to stand away from the blind which is tough footing.

They put us in that blind cause it was easy to get to from the road, dad cant get thu the marsh like he used to, so we sat in it. But a bad day hunting with Dad is still a good day! :biggrin:


Oh absolutely! :thumbsup: First time I hunted it I was surprised at how thick the surrounding cover was and how difficult (past putting out dekes) the footing was - especially on the magee hunts.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 19426
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio


Return to Ohio Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest