I need a quick answer.....

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

I need a quick answer.....

Postby Boomn4x4 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:54 pm

Do active military personell need to purchase a hunting license, along with the federal and state bird stamps in Ohio?
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:17 pm

Boom I believe it is required only to have a federal stamp if he/she is active duty on leave, here is the link to the ODNR lisence section of their site
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/reg ... ermits.htm
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby james sites » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:51 pm

I think he is right. i was in the military and i belive in in your state of residence all you need while on leave is your stamps\ or tags depending on what you are hunting.
If it aint raining we aint training. (USMC 98-02)
james sites
hunter

Postby gone winchester » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:06 am

All I have to do is take my leave papers with m and show them to the person selling the licence and I get the Resident and Ohio Stamp for free. The only thing I have to pay for is the Federal Stamp and the Extra tags like deer/turkey.

Already have my Federal Stamp for this season all I have to do is when I fly in is stop and pick up my other stuff. Then Im good.
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
gone winchester
Banned

Postby bluebilldays » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:13 pm

I could be wrong, but I am sure that they are not allowed to give you a free license or stamp, but you are expemt from having to purchase a license or a state stamp. If you are on leave then you do not need to have a hunting license or a state wetlands stamp. I am on active duty and I purchase all my licenses because if you are on leave and the game warden wanted pickey, he will site you for hunting without a license. If you read that section in the regs it states that any members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty, while on annual leave or furlough - Are not required to purchase a hunting license or Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp. All other licenses and permits are required. The key words are, not required to purchase! and while on leave. I would just hate to see you get into a bind with a GW. Hope this helps.

P.S. If in fact that store gives you a free license with leave papers, pm me! I would love to stop on in there next season when I am on leave. Thanks.
bluebilldays
hunter

Postby gone winchester » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:23 am

I got my licence for free before, I also got a VA and NC licence for free to. Im going to buy it either way so it doesnt really matter to much to me. The money is going towards conservation anyways so oh well :thumbsup:
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
gone winchester
Banned

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting