Motion decoy advice???

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Motion decoy advice???

Postby BrentPrice » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Has anyone had any experience with the "baby" mojo mallards? I want to add a motion decoy to my spread and I think this would look great out there. And its cheaper than the original Mojo mallard :thumbsup:

Or is there any other motion decoys y'all would recomend better? Thanks for the info!
BrentPrice
hunter

Re: Motion decoy advice???

Postby sc83 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Me and my brother usually run two of them. Got them earlier in the year from Cabela's, they were 99$ a pair. I really like them. Smaller than a standard mojo, but just as effective. Try rigging up a jerk string. It can be just as effective as teh mojo. I got one and it really helps on the really calm days.
sc83
hunter

Postby BrentPrice » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:12 am

That's good to know they are just as effective as the original Mojo. I have a jerk line rigged up, I just rarely use it because the only way I know how to secure it is with a boat anchor, and that adds a lot of extra weight to the gear when I have to carry in. Outside of strapping to a flooded tree, do you know of any other way to 'anchor' a jerk line with 4 decoys?

I hunted with my brother and a buddy in TN 2 weeks ago for their opener and they were using a diver duck that shoots water from its butt every couple seconds. Seemed to do great for rippling the water, but I think the mojo wings would attract a little more attention??
BrentPrice
hunter

Postby sc83 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:17 pm

I used extra decoy weights as my anchor. You could use quick crete and just put it in some small dixie or plastic cups. Or you could just buy a jerk rig setup from Cabela's.
sc83
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting