Any new kills to report boys?

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Any new kills to report boys?

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 am

I have not been out much. Certainly herds of geese but if you're not on their X you're toast.

Seems the trick with our last few seasons (weather) is having at least a dozen GOOD options available...some might be closer than others. I find it hard to put in a two hour drive one-way if the odds aren't significantly better than a 45 minute trip.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Re: Any new kills to report boys?

Postby alanwebfoot » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:36 pm

quite a few more blacks spotted and shot this year! true blacks no white edging on speculum or green on heads saw some bluebills and hoodies but I was either in the house loking out the back window or they were high and fast!! Also a guy brought me in what looked like a muscovy without all the warts shot it out of a group of mallards preety bird as big as an eider!
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby tstroud05 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Going out tomorrow. Geese are flying over my parents in droves!!! I seen about 800 today, in about an hour. Should limit out tomorrow if they come check out my spread. I will let ya know how it goes.
Hey there 'lil fella', ready to meet your maker?
tstroud05
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Good luck tstroud!
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby sc83 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Havn't been out i a week but plan on going on Sunday morning. Gonna try a river spot close to the house adn hope it produces. It's usually good for at least a bird or two.
sc83
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:10 am

Botiz630 wrote:Good luck tstroud!

:ditto: Hunted a situation like that a couple weeks ago and pulled two over from the 800 flying by. :yes:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:55 am

Updates from Wilmington and Kettering? :beer:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby sc83 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:58 am

Got out this morning and hit the river till about 9. Seen quite a few and scratched out 2. Gonna give it a couple days then try that spot again. Gonna try a smaller creek section tomorrow.
sc83
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:15 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good work!!
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby jsa » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Another zero season, had a blind on CJ that produced nothing. Tried a field spread at the family farm a couple times with no luck, only high fliers out there.

Took a couple shots at deer this year. I'm bow hunting more than anything. Bought a bow last spring after seeing nothing but deer at the farm, even with a pond on it... :huh: I'm getting kinda bummed on fowl. Seems I just don't have access to any ducky spots.

Already took vacation for blind drawings next year, granted they don't change their trend in dates. I gotta get the hell away from CJ!
jsa
State Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:34 pm

jsa wrote:Another zero season, had a blind on CJ that produced nothing. Tried a field spread at the family farm a couple times with no luck, only high fliers out there.

Took a couple shots at deer this year. I'm bow hunting more than anything. Bought a bow last spring after seeing nothing but deer at the farm, even with a pond on it... :huh: I'm getting kinda bummed on fowl. Seems I just don't have access to any ducky spots.

Already took vacation for blind drawings next year, granted they don't change their trend in dates. I gotta get the hell away from CJ!

Awfully tough season weather-wise. The state park blinds are a real long-shot I think...hell...Delaware froze solid a day before the 2nd split and hasn't thawed yet. Between weather and water levels (raised and lowered for flood control) and related bottom structure (MUD)...I quit doing 'em.

No doubt we Ohio waterfowlers area a dedicated bunch...lol. Guess the Ohio River and Lake Erie guys have a chance.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 pm

HNTFSH wrote:Guess the Ohio River and Lake Erie guys have a chance.

Oh to be one of the lucky few.
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby tstroud05 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Well I went out, believe it or not, didn't see a single one. Then my brother calls me yesterday and says they are back to flying over like crazy! I just can't catch a break...
Hey there 'lil fella', ready to meet your maker?
tstroud05
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting