Anyone hunting this weekend

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Anyone hunting this weekend

Postby duknut » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:28 pm

Who's hunting this weekend? I'm sure the marshes and shallow water will be frozen this weekend.
duknut
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:30 pm

I'm headed south in about 10 hours, we'll see how she goes, gunning for geese but possibility of a few ducks I am told.Then next week its off to the east for me! :getdown:
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby Boomn4x4 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:51 pm

Unfortunatly my gun is cleaned and locked up. Anxiously waiting next season
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:02 pm

Boom head south, I'm sure you are witness to the same thing I am and that is lots and lots of birds, mostly all over the state good numbers of birds especially geese.Although I am done for Ohio until the late goose season comes in while I'm gone on the east coast next week.I'll hit a few when I get back to finish it off in Ohio, but on to more important things leaving Tuesday to chase come sea ducks in Maryland then headed down to Virginia to gun for another 5 days :getdown:
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby duknut » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:02 am

I thought about putting my gun away for the season. Did anyone see any waterfowl this weekend. My buddy said he only saw a limited number of birds. Hopefully it gets cold again!
duknut
hunter

Postby Boomn4x4 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:07 pm

Up north they are all over the place. It's kinda depressing especially since I was skunked the whole last week of goose season. Made it out three times, saw alot of birds but couldn't get any to commit. Had great luck prior to that. Took 16 geese this year including my first band, and I didn't even make it out during the early season
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Postby duknut » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:16 am

Is anyone seeing birds in any kind of numbers around central ohio? I haven't been seeing them around, maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots.
duknut
hunter

Postby fatmallard » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:46 pm

hey guys just found this site, was on one of the other sites for ohio but got sick of it.

i was out this past weekend and one day earlier this week on a lake north of columbus and saw good numbers on both days just that the didn't want to much to do with me. we definetly lost some ducks though i saw a lot more on the weekend.

hope things change for the better this weekend.
fatmallard
Newb

Postby vanvo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:23 pm

did some goose hunting on the maumee river for the special late lake erie season. saw a lot of geese on the water only two commited, but the number of ducks that came into to our decoys was amazing. to bad there out of season up here.
vanvo
hunter

Ohio River

Postby PB » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:34 pm

Anyone seeing many ducks east or west of the city on the river? Had a few buddies out lately but noone seems to be doing very well.
PB Cincinnati OH
PB
Newb

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting