Duck Hunters

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, cartervj, jsa

Duck Hunters

Postby rockets34 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:33 pm

Are there any ohio duck hunters on this site? I am looking for a hunting partner in the Columbus area. I have a few spots to shoot ducks and geese.
rockets34
hunter

Postby rockets34 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:32 am

Yeah, that sounds interesting. What type of prices and accomodations would I be looking at?
rockets34
hunter

Postby vanvo » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:20 pm

i live a couple of hours away and wouldnt mind the trip to hunt southern ohio.
vanvo
hunter

Postby rockets34 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:01 am

Vanvo,

Where exactly do you live? Are you guys killing anything up North? We haven't seen a whole lot of migration yet.

We can hunt geese until Nov 17, but ducks are already closed. It doesn't open back up until Dec 18 - both seasons.

I wouldn't mind trying to setup something for a weekend hunt. My wife is originally from up North by Defiance OH. Maybe we could hookup down one weekend.

Let me know. Thanks.
rockets34
hunter

Postby vanvo » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:04 pm

i live 20 mins just south of toledo in bowling green. we have in the last five days killed ten mallard and four or five geese. we have a couple hundred ducks flyin around, but they come in with only a few minutes lleft in shooting time. they all split up in the morning then the come back together in the evenin by a group of ponds. we have been puttin up robo ducks in our goose spread. the geese have moved north and south but there are still three hundred or so left in town. we have permission to hunt in fields north and south of here. i live in the dorms at bgsu and our thanksgivin break is next week starting wed so im hunting everyday. our season closes during deer gun season and opens back up after the season closes. today we had fifty or so mallard come in but we were setup too far away from the robos b/cc the geese are weary about our decoys so we setup where the fly by. a few ducks landed and i ended up blastin a few goose shells but we got the ducks. there are a few spots on the maumee for duck hunting ive heard those are hotspots to be and produce alot also. soo far this season weve killed sixty birds 30 geese and 30 duck unfortunatley no bands. we have migration geese becasue they are a lot bigger than our resident. heres my email if u want more info. mvanvo@bgnet.bgsu.edu.
vanvo
hunter

seeing ducks

Postby duckaholic » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:49 pm

Hello rocket,
Im new to this site but I can tell you that here up north the ducks are starting to migrate. Are starting to see divers. I live in the Akron/Canton area. I mostly hunt Nimisila resivior. Seeing lots of Mallards and geese for weeks now. Woodys are all but gone but the fun starts now. Bluebills and hoodies and buffles are here. I have this Thursday and Friday off. Boy just cant wait to get out there! If your up this way, look me up.
Duckaholic :mrgreen:
duckaholic
hunter

Postby birddog » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:48 pm

Hi Rockets,

I also live in Columbus and Hunt mostly around the C-bus area. I have some great places both private and public. I am willing to share places with you and the blind. I mostly hunt in Delaware County and South of Town on the river.

Drop me a line if you want to hunt sometime. I cant wait for the season to open up again.

Cheers,
Joe
birddog
hunter

Postby rockets34 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:36 am

Joe,

Sounds great, I will get in touch with you when the season starts up again. Till then, take care.

Brett
rockets34
hunter

Columbus Hunter

Postby duknut » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:48 am

I'm from Columbus and always looking for new partners to hunt with. Shoot me an email at bstarcher@budweiser.com
duknut
hunter

Columbus Area

Postby rslane » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:17 am

I live on Madison Lake (London area) and would love to swap some hunting spots. Let me know if anyone is interested! rslane@co.madison.oh.us
rslane
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting