lab puppies

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

lab puppies

Postby stephen_503x » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:08 pm

Does anyone know of a kennel located in or near Ohio that has good lab hunting dogs. Hopefully someone knows of a kennel they have had success with in the past.
stephen_503x
Newb

Postby Boomn4x4 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:26 pm

I am touching on a very sore subject, but I'd like to at least point out the option of adopting a pup. Right now I'm doing a "River Dance" on the "Hypocrite" line as I own two Labs myself. However with the purchase of my two labs, I have grown to become a dog lover. There are hundreds of dogs that would make great retrievers available that would be destroyed if it weren't for adoption. I understand that adopting a mutt isn't going to give you the prestige of owning a pure bread Labrador Retriever, but I guarantee you will love him just as much.

As an owner of two Labs, and as much as I love them both, I'll never 'buy' a dog again.
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

pup

Postby buckeyegundogs » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:56 pm

I may have an answer for you, will need to know what price range and are you looking for a lab strictly for hunting ducks or are you looking for a hunt test - field trial dog or both.

Email me at buckeyegundogs@yahoo.com and i will help you.

Brad
Ohio
buckeyegundogs
hunter

Lab dogs

Postby FemDuckHunter » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:10 pm

To add my 2 cents to the subject, there are a number of Lab Rescues in Ohio.
FemDuckHunter
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting