Duck Hunting Forum banner

Blinds on state parks?

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  HNTFSH 
#1 ·
New to Ohio and have been looking online for the answer, but what are the rules for using blinds on state parks? Are you allowed to use other peoples blinds if they aren't using them for the day? If you are allowed to use them do you have to wait till a certain time to set up or is it just gentleman's rules? Thanks for the info and greetings.

#5 ·
Mosquito Lake has a blind draw to build on the lake, but you do not need permission from the owner. Its a public lake and the WCOs will tell you when you build its all first come first serve. So if your in a blind and the owner shows up you can either invite em in or tell em to find another spot.

#6 ·
alanwebfoot said:
you can set one up at Deer Creek use it all season but tear down when it's over
Deer Creek has a blind draw like the others and state rules apply. You cannot use the blinds. You cannot set-up up a temp (daily) blind within 100 yards of a blind 'location'. You cannot set up a temp blind and leave it. Only blinds 'drawn' can be left. Set up, if drawn, by Oct 1st and torn out by March 31st.

Blind placement on deer creek pretty much covers the huntable area. By the time the lake is at winter pool level there are only a few blind locations with water, worth hunting. Your October blind location on the shore will shrink out up to 100 yards to be at waters edge by December. The lake bottom between summer pool and winter pool (that which you must travel to the water in winter) is mud and muck - nearly impossible to walk in.

Deer Creek is a flood control compound built on farmland - there's no rock or structure.

#7 ·
Oh and BTW - if your blind is set at winter pool to hunt and a heavy rain comes - it will float off unless chained down. Now chained down to 'what' is the question because there is nothing to chain 'to'.

#8 ·
HNTFSH said:
Oh and BTW - if your blind is set at winter pool to hunt and a heavy rain comes - it will float off unless chained down. Now chained down to 'what' is the question because there is nothing to chain 'to'.
Seem to remember a post about you towing a blind. :yes: And yes I had to request a fellow to leave the vicinty of my blind twice. Some guys like to set and pass shoot off the blind owners decoys. :mad:

#9 ·
ohio mike said:
HNTFSH said:
Seem to remember a post about you towing a blind. :yes: And yes I had to request a fellow to leave the vicinty of my blind twice. Some guys like to set and pass shoot off the blind owners decoys. :mad:
lol...Mike, I don't know how much an 8x6x5 roofed, treated lumber blind weighs but I know it weighs more submerged. Dragging one underwater for 350 yards while preventing it from breaking up, by ones self - back to land...during a work day...while on a cell phone muted within a conference call, while it's raining...is memorable. :yes:

2nd only I guess to the experience of multiple boatload hauls taking said treated lumber across the lake in a 14 footer, powered by an 8 horse during a bass tournament. It seems a rule that tourney fisherman must full throttle from spot to spot, even if only moving 75 yards. :rolleyes:

#12 ·
ohio mike said:
I have personally observed at close range a dumb&ss in a Ranger (Red metalflake) that thought bass staged under mallard decoys :no: I'll let your imagination fill in the blanks of what transpired. The goof said he never saw the blind.
:yes: Am sure you handled that with grace.

That's another part of the challenge. AT least in the South Zone...we only get 2 weeks of first split and generally October hunting is still plenty warm to be fishing. Heck - I've seen jetski's out running around. By the time the 2nd split comes - most are down to winter pool level and the landscape is completely different.

But to the OP - no...you can't command someones else's blind without owners written permission as Ohio Mike said.

#13 ·
ohio mike said:
a dumb&ss in a Ranger (Red metalflake)
Mike...lol...I think the best belly laugh I ever had with my dad was down in Tennessee about 40 years ago when the metal flakes came out. We were leaving the dock in our standard issue aluminum boat and these two guys were coming to dock in a red metal flake bass boat dressed in matching red metal flake jumpsuits.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.