Duck Hunting Forum banner

Indian Lake draw info please

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  ohio mike 
#1 ·
Can anyone give me any info on Indian's drawings? I'm looking at going there for the first time this year. Do you know how many show up (approx)? Are there groups of 10 or 20 guys there who get all the blinds?
Please PM, thanks

#2 ·
Update,JSA's group drew one of the better blinds on the lake. :thumbsup: I didn't get drawn but checked back at the office and there were 4 untaken blinds,two of which I don't understand why. Sooo I too have a blind location for this year.Well worth getting up at 5 am. As a bonus got a face to face with a fellow member.

#6 ·
So how was the first half at Indian lake. I live about 30min from the lake. Im planing to go to the drawing next year and was wondering how the hunting was there. What part of the lake did you end up in. :hi:

#10 ·
I'd say there are about 300 people there in last few years............to get 30-some odd blinds. 10 of which are very good, most good some of the time and a fair to small number that are passable when the lake has enough water in it. Otherwise you are on a mud flat in heavy vegatation.

Don't get me wrong.........I go every year. But not surprised when I don't get drawn. And yes.........there are lots of groups of people who are there together. Along with guys who bring every member of their family to throw in their names. Guess the state is the real winner at the drawing. (I'm only whining because I come alone or sometimes my brother).

When we don't get drawn,....we hunt out of our layout boat in various areas of the lake when the wind (lake is shallow) allows.

This year we've taken a few teal, mallards and three geese. Opening weekend was SUPER windy and kept success down for some folks but great for those in the backwaters.

I would like to take the opportunity to commend the Indian Lake Park Manager.....he is really a model of what a good state park manager should be. Super helpful to hunters and very hospitable. Makes sure the blind drawing runs smoothly and throws in a few barbs and laughs during the drawing. I'd go to just see that part of it!!

#11 ·
id heard that there were only about ten good ones but id never heard that there were so many people. so are these "blinds" build by the state or is it just a well marked spot? I didnt know you could still hunt the lake if you didnt get drawn.

#12 ·
you have to have your blind built within 30 or 45 days of the drawing and taken down by a certain date as well.(or you aren't elegible for following years drawing. You build them within 60 ft of the marked stakes.

And....you can hunt the lake if you don't get drawn....but not within 300 or 400 ft from any shoreline or house I believe is the rule.....

#13 ·
Right about houses,wrong about shoreline. 300 ft from any building,or state drawn blind site. Lots of guys set up along the bank. You are absolutely correct about the manager, he is one of the most hunter friendly officals you will ever meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.