Duck Hunting Forum banner

soy bean

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CAMO Motors 
#1 ·
My go to field for geese is planted in beans this year. I have heard that geese will not use a bean field. The past few years the geese have been using the field like crazy! I was just wondering if any of u guys had any info regarding geese and soybeans!

#4 ·
You right beside a lake or somethin' Hntfsh? My parent's place has about 20 acres and only about a mile from Caesar Creek, and the geese pile in there when corn has been planted, but not a soul when the beans are out... Of course, beans are planted this year... But I may not even hunt waterfowl this year... Gonna focus more on Grouse and Woodcock...

#5 ·
tstroud05 said:
You right beside a lake or somethin' Hntfsh? My parent's place has about 20 acres and only about a mile from Caesar Creek, and the geese pile in there when corn has been planted, but not a soul when the beans are out... Of course, beans are planted this year... But I may not even hunt waterfowl this year... Gonna focus more on Grouse and Woodcock...
Nope. no lake. An ag field with field decoys will draw geese if you're catching them on the way to feed. Ya'll see 'em eating in grass and wheat fields right now?

I'm surprised you guys don't see geese in bean fields. I see it all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.