Duck Hunting Forum banner

KillBuck Marsh

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BillBrooks 
#1 ·
Alright, admittedly I'm a newbie. Have several seasons of Pheasant hunting and deer but I'm just dying to learn waterfowl hunting. I don't mind Canada Goose but I really am looking for duck. I did my research and for my proximity KillBuck Marsh seems like the best place. I want to go for teal in early migratory season. I've learned to hunt on my own but I have to admit hunting in a marsh, having seen Killbuck, is a little daunting. I would be very handy and grateful. I'm not from a hunting family and none of my friends are into it so I'm a bit handicapped. By chance, is anyone hunting there and willing to impart your wisdom including me in there party?

#3 ·
Yes, good thought. Sounds fair enough for anyone helping me. I'd be happy to. I generally hunt alone by necessity so I'd always be happy to bring someone along. I don't have any private hunting lands so I'm usually in the public domain. I generally hunt for pheasants, rabbit and deer and I'm just now getting into waterfowl. I generally hunt around ODNR areas in Central Ohio or in Trumbull County.

Thanks

#5 ·
May want to try lower killbuck marsh in killbuck itself. Not as much acreage but hold lots of geese , epoxies and a few mallards. I have shot my limit many days there by myself. Lots of private land in the swamp as well. Good acces to most of the swamp with waders. Would be glad to show you around there sometime this season

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.