Northeast Ohio

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Northeast Ohio

Postby polak61 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:08 am

Any body out there from northeast upper Ohio. Haven't hunted in about 15 years. Lost all my gear in a divorce.
Bought some goose floaters and used mallards. Put in for Mosquito and Ottawa and got skunked. How doeso the daily draws at mosquito work? Went to Ladue area opening day, didn't even see one. Thunder storm etc..was going this morning but rain and thunder again. Just looking for some suggestions on public type places, even around the islands, Pickerel Creek etc.
Thanks
polak61
Newb

Re: Northeast Ohio

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:30 am

polak61 wrote:Any body out there from northeast upper Ohio. Haven't hunted in about 15 years. Lost all my gear in a divorce.
Bought some goose floaters and used mallards. Put in for Mosquito and Ottawa and got skunked. How doeso the daily draws at mosquito work? Went to Ladue area opening day, didn't even see one. Thunder storm etc..was going this morning but rain and thunder again. Just looking for some suggestions on public type places, even around the islands, Pickerel Creek etc.
Thanks

That's a pretty competitive area up there. Doubt anyone will post an internet response nor should they. Duck hunting hasn't changed in the last 15 years...a lot of trial and error - birds move all the the time. If you spend the time and money to help yourself - you'll find spots to go. Between Google Earth, state maps, asking permission and a lot of drive/looking time...you'll find places to go. Not to mention hunts where you don't see a damned thing and hunts you show up early and 6 guys walk-in right at shooting light on you.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby polak61 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:27 am

Got alot of time. Used to hunt the breakwall, good times till the idiots showed up with no way to retrieve, not even a fishing pole.
They shot mergies and didn't even know what they were. Old game warden would write them up. Hey, thanks anyway.
polak61
Newb

Postby mitch_foster15 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:06 pm

i live in geauga county, this is my first year hunting. I'm 18. i wasn't aware ladue was open for hunting, most geauga park districts around me aren't hunt friendly for waterfowl only deer and turkey controlled hunts. i have a private marsh i hunt on but i realize the seasons almost over by now, maybe next year if your interested you could come on out
mitch_foster15
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting