Bingo! Blue-wing and Green-Wing. Check out my pics.

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Re: Bingo! Blue-wing and Green-Wing. Check out my pics.

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:36 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:Good work, HNTFSH and Craxty! Congrats on the early season success :thumbsup:

Botits - an immature drake mallard came in about an hour before and landed in the 6 teal dekes...he just couldn't resist the mojo.

After he landed - he just sat there staring at the mojo for 5 minutes. He didn't swim around, dabble, or anything. Just sat there staring at it. :lol3: Then he lit out.

:lol3: Maybe the first he'd seen...what the hell is this guy doing?
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Craxty » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Nice harvest HNTFSH.

This must be turning into an obsession. I was just planning on going out 2 more times this week before the season is over and my wife is looking at me a little squirly. What she doesn't realize is all the time I've put in thus far was just LOOKING. I finally found a spot and now the hunting is just starting. I can't end the season with one teal and one imposter. LOL

BTW, as far as that imposter goes, she landed in my spread and I was hiding behind the cattails. She worked her way up and close and just looked me up and down, from side, to side. I just sat breathless for a couple minutes. She finally cut away and started dabbling. I swear she was stared me cold in the eye several times. She knew something was up. Boy was she surprised when I jumped up and flushed her. :)

BTW, stupid question, what is dekes? Is that slang for decoys?

Postby Jkling12 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:11 pm

Dekes= decoys
Foamy Log Blind@ ProStaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a Log"
Proudly made in the USA
LeakyW8ers wrote:It would be like sleeping with my best friends wife, it may feel good at the time, but is going to get awkward really quick.
Jkling12
hunter

Postby obx » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:58 pm

most definately 100% you shot 1 teal and 1 woodie.

what ever you do, don't post a pic on the internet or else expect a knock at your door. :eek:

(delete your pics/proof from the internet!)

Live and learn. that's teal season in ohio !
Last edited by obx on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
obx
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:06 pm

craxty don't beat yourself up ,,it asn't like you shot them over a pile of corn in a city park!!!!it happens I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that is a super looking water hole ,,and yes that is a woody,,get back out there in the later season and do it again,don't quit now your'e having a good time
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:30 pm

I had to pull off a group of 9 woodies tonight who had dived in toward the mojo while I was day dreaming. Helps they fly around screeching. Might just be the places I hunt but I usually see the Teal in 2's and 3's.

Craxty - don't kill yourself over the Woodie but learn from it. If it swam right up to you and looked you over - you have less of an excuse. :lol3:
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:26 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
ohio mike wrote:Whatever you do don't get down on yourself.Mistakes happen,I was telling HNTFSH the other day that I'd like to see woodies in with early teal because even veterans make the mistake. Theres been a lot of woodies stomped in the mud and wasted because of a honest mistake. The DNR realizes this happens hence the sunrise shooting time but won't take the proper measures and prefer to keep woodies legal in late season when their gone.

Worked out OK tonight Mike. These 2 bluewings came screamin' in about 8 minutes before end light. Always fun dropping doubles with an O/U. No good retrieve stories as I dropped 'em on Knothead's' head... :lol3: who was on a remote sit. I did let him pick up the decoys though. The stinkin' Canada Trio buzzed us 8 minutes AFTER shooting light. :mad:

Ah, the ice is broken. Another season is underway. :clapping:
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Craxty » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:32 am

Was back at the marsh this morning. Saw about 40-50 BWT dabbling just out of range. They were in groups of about 10-15 each. I had to bug out to get to work so I had to paddle through them to get back to my car. I was quiet as I could possibly be but I spoked them all away. Got skunked.

On a good note, I watched them with my binocs and the drakes are SOOOO much easier to identify. Bummer to come home with nothing. That is the way it goes.

Postby Jones co Ducker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Just keep at it and good luck hard work pays off I promise
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Previous

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting