Duck Hunting Forum banner

Evening Hunt Help

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  alanwebfoot 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I got shut out this morning in really thick fog. Not a single bird flying. Tonight will be my last hunt of the first split. It will also be my first evening hunt. Any tips you can share for a successful evening hunt?

Thanks in advance.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I hear you. I was out in the morning. Fog was thick as pea soup.

fog.jpg

Went out that night to try and jump shoot. Was just getting up on a group of about 10 mallards and some dude was "hiking" through my new spot and scared them away. :fingerhead:

Attachments

#4 ·
yeah as preety as the fog is rising off the river it can mess you up either birds won't fly or if they do there are on top of you and past before you spot them.Saturday morning I agreed to give a guy first shot ,7 ducks went by ,,he saw 4.I like afternoon hunts its more relaxed and in some ways safer not dealing with rocks or stumps [boat] or tripping in the dark,setting up only to find out you have to redo your spread after daylight ,,when you can really see!!! Afternoon hunts can be timed for the return from cornfields ,loafing spots or even a new flock migrating in.If your in a choice spot 6 or 8 decoys are enough.Still it's hard to pass up all creation waking up in the morning before your eyes!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.