Migration Reports?

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Re: Migration Reports?

Postby jsa » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Swans are really something cool to see around here. There's one in a park in Springfield, showed up a year or two ago and never left.

Anybody know if the lakes are starting to freeze?
jsa
State Moderator

Postby jsa » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Nevermind the question, temps in the 40's all next week... I don't think I much to worry about

EDIT: the ramp at Blackhawk was locked up with ice Sunday 12/11. I think I'm done at Indian this year...
jsa
State Moderator

Postby ohio mike » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Checked the lake on my way home the 18th, its open again. I had the good fortune to hunt the plond with HNTFSH. Great place had a good time, but couldn't hit $hit. :oops:
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:43 pm

ohio mike wrote:Checked the lake on my way home the 18th, its open again. I had the good fortune to hunt the plond with HNTFSH. Great place had a good time, but couldn't hit $hit. :oops:

:lol3: :lol3: Good to have ya! :thumbsup:

Ohio Mike and I saw roughly 150 birds (or a few several times) but had a helluva time getting a locked-up commit. We passed on some shooters hoping for a closer, more committed shot but the birds had a hard path in over the trees based on wind direction. I know that because that has been the warm-wind SSW/SSE I've had all year! The Plond is built for a N/NW wind. :lol3:

Mike turned a big group twice with his call but them sneaky bashtards had a lot of options on where to set down. :rolleyes:
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm back in town for the next couple weeks for the holidays. Was out this morning with my brother, we saw a handful, missed on some opportunities, came home empty handed.

My biggest concern is that the roost pond that holds the geese I hunt is completely empty. It usually has 4-500 at this time of the year and we pick them off in nearby ag fields. Maybe not this year :no:
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby ohiopaul » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Sorry for not adding to the reports guys, been hunting and a massive computer crash, last few weeks seen a seen a huge migration on the weekend of the 3rd had a hard freeze where we were hunting opened up a hole and shot my first mallard greenhead, seen the start of a bunch of geese coming down shot a few that week field hunting, weekend of the 10th we field hunted geese did pretty good along the US 30 corridor, weekend of the 17th was slow due to the snow on Saturday just cause we couldnt see the birds managed to get 2 mallards, hunted today by myself got 3 mallards birds were still working at 11 am. There are geese everywhere in the central part of the state.

Good luck and have fun out there only 10 days left in the north zone.

Paul :beer: :beer:
ohiopaul
hunter

Previous

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting