looking to team up

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, cartervj, jsa

looking to team up

Postby bflow08 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:23 am

Dear fellow water fowlers,
This is mainly for Miami Valley hunters, I’m stationed at WPAFB although currently deployed and am missing most of the 2011-12 seasons  :sad: (I won’t be home until late January). I like to think I am fairly accomplished at water fowling I have been doing it for 5 years now; I’m originally from Indiana and do a lot of hunting there. However I have recently been thinking about exploring the Miami Valley and the opportunities it presents when it comes to water fowling. I have asked around work last season and most people I work with aren’t interested, or have the equipment or dedication it takes to do it. So I am reaching out to my fellow hunters, since I will be home for next year’s waterfowl season I am looking for some friends to go with.. BAM IM SAYING IT NOW I DON’T WANT TO HANG ON YOUR COATTAILS AND MOOCH SPOTS. However I am looking for friends that share the passion as I do to team up with, friends that aren’t afraid to put some miles on the back roads, walk into the marsh in the off season, wake up early, ask a land owner respectfully for permission to hunt, contribute their gear for success, friends that aren’t going to expect me to carry them to have a good hunt. Although im not against helping and teaching someone who is seriously interested into getting into waterfowl. I basically want to start a team or join a team of passionate hunters. I am a 5 year member of DU I attend events and volunteer on the base to clean up the river and creek for the greater good of the sport. I also am no slack when it comes to contributing. I have a boat, 5 dozen field ducks, 5 dozen field geese; to many floater, more than 1 pair of waders, more than 1 field blind. So I can contribute and am willing to put in the time. I guess I’m looking to start a close family or join a close family of respectful hunters that I can share and learn from. Let me know if you all share the same interest  and good luck on the current season I look forward to hopefully learning and doing homework with some of you in the future… P.S kill one for me!!  :hi:
Bryan
Active USAF
When you have spent a missed season in the sandbox of the middle east.. you learn that every hunt, good or bad, is a vacation well worth the time and effort..
bflow08
hunter

Re: looking to team up

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Good luck partner. Sounds like you have something to bring to someone's party. :thumbsup:
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby jsa » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:12 pm

:welcome:
I'm willing to met up sometime. Can't make any promises that we'll be best friends but I do put forth effort to hunt. I can't say the same for the friends I hang out with so......stay in touch.

Oh yeah, I work very closely with WPAFB personnel. And my mom's a retired civil servant..... Thanks for what you do!
jsa
State Moderator

Postby bflow08 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Thanks HNTFSH, and i hear you JSA, i hoped to be back to whack a stack some honkers, but hey if not there is always next year.. Funny thing to share, since i have been on deployment i got some of my duck and goose calls sent out so i can keep my touch... Its crazy how many people just look at you wondering what the hell im doing and that sound is... they just dont have it in there blood... how unfortunate...
Bryan
Active USAF
When you have spent a missed season in the sandbox of the middle east.. you learn that every hunt, good or bad, is a vacation well worth the time and effort..
bflow08
hunter

Postby McGriddle » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:40 am

Please check your inbox bflow08. Thanks
McGriddle
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting