Chillicothe no duck hunting on the Scioto by boat

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Chillicothe no duck hunting on the Scioto by boat

Postby Backquacker » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Park department of Chillicothe closed the only boat ramp and only public access for duck hunting form many miles. Any body from this area concerned
Backquacker
Newb

Re: Chillicothe no duck hunting on the Scioto by boat

Postby jms157 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Yeah it sucks that we are punished by a few non law abiding citizens and that our police force are to lazy to patrol the area. I am going to contact my local city councilman and see what he has to say. Luckily we have another private boat ramp close by that we are using.

JMS
jms157
Newb

Postby Backquacker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Can u go to the council meeting tomorrow nite? I recommend calling Tom truchel, even if ur not in his ward, because he is on the parks and rec board. I will post his number after this post. I suggested to the park manager, Cathy, that they issue a key to the gate to people with a valid boat license. But she forgot that my taxes pay her salary and pursued to act like she owns the park. We need to get some people together and start bothering the mayor, Tom tracheal, and Cathy. Again, I will post thei numbers below for anyone who wants to raise issue over this matter.
Backquacker
Newb

Postby Backquacker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:02 pm

If you want to help fight the Chillicothe Scioto river boat ramp closure, call these three people and suggests they issue keys to the gate to people with a boat license. Call:

Tom Truchel-councilman and park board. 773-3865
Park mgr, Cathy primmer- 772-5626
Mayor. 774-1185
Backquacker
Newb

Postby Backquacker » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Mayor called me today and said it is now open
Backquacker
Newb

Postby ohio mike » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Good job!
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 am

good job is right ,,thanks guys .I don't useit but had no idea it was closed when they need it the most.Like always a couple of idiots ruin it for everybody. I ''USED'' to have access to hundreds of acres of deercreek farmland [north of the lake] opened up to me pheasants, camping, huntingetc. but because one dipstick decided to cut the fence to get in,,it's now closed to everybody.
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 pm

alanwebfoot wrote:good job is right ,,thanks guys .I don't useit but had no idea it was closed when they need it the most.Like always a couple of idiots ruin it for everybody. I ''USED'' to have access to hundreds of acres of deercreek farmland [north of the lake] opened up to me pheasants, camping, huntingetc. but because one dipstick decided to cut the fence to get in,,it's now closed to everybody.

Amen. While I am not 100% on this I am close...I ask if ANYONE else has permission to hunt the private land I ask about and if the answer is YES...I often decline the opportunity. If the answer is NO...I ask that I be the only one - at least for that year. It usually works and no baggage to worry about.

In addition hold all permission slips for any I got permission for also. No me...no YOU! :lol3:
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting