just NOT my week

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

just NOT my week

Postby alanwebfoot » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:37 am

Yesterday ,,The gate to the back yard,,which is wide open to the river ,,waleft open.I had too much on my mind ,anyway Tanner got out,she is water and duck huntin' crazy.A little while later I hear a car slow way down a little thump and a very weak yelp.There she was across the road standing next to my truck.Looking scared and afraid ,,road rash all over her in small spots .NO broken bones or internal injuries,just sore.I'm very grateful but it looks like duck hunting for me is over for 2011 2012.Oh well just before the lost boat and this incident ,I got to see her make her best retrieve yet. 100' through broken ice then the last 20 'or more she had to break it herself. All for a good friends beautiful drake shoveler.
alanwebfoot
hunter

Re: just NOT my week

Postby sc83 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 pm

That sucks man. Glad your dogs ok.
sc83
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Glad to hear the dog's okay.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby ohiofowler » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:29 pm

tanner is a great dog. she'll be ready next year!
ohiofowler
Newb

Postby alanwebfoot » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:05 am

yesterday a huntin' buddy came over with a nice drake, and she got up and came upstairs to see him wagging her tail.She's just sore and stiff right now,but did her regular visit in the shop while I worked on a bird.Thanks guys,,I know I'd rather loose the boat than her.She was out on the deck this morning looking down at the river.
alanwebfoot
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting