Someone To Hunt With

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Someone To Hunt With

Postby DuckAndDogBoy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 am

Hey guys, I'm Bobby. I'm new to this website but not new to duck hunting. I'm a decent caller and have a well trained dog. I've got a lot to contribute to the hunt but not many places to hunt yet as this fall will be the first year I'm driving. If you could just shoot some possible public places to hunt (I really want to get into diver ducks) that would be great! Thanks a lot for your time!

Oh by the way I'm located up in Geauga County.
DuckAndDogBoy
hunter
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:09 am


Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:57 pm

DuckAndDogBoy wrote:Hey guys, I'm Bobby. I'm new to this website but not new to duck hunting. I'm a decent caller and have a well trained dog. I've got a lot to contribute to the hunt but not many places to hunt yet as this fall will be the first year I'm driving. If you could just shoot some possible public places to hunt (I really want to get into diver ducks) that would be great! Thanks a lot for your time!

Oh by the way I'm located up in Geauga County.


Hey Bobby...if you're not new to duck hunting, why not drive yourself to those places?
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 19426
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby ErieAngler » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Where are you from. Shoot me a pm and I'll give you a bunch of spots I know just not sure if they will be near you. Maybe some other members could chime in with more than some smart comments......and remember they too had to start somewhere.
ErieAngler
hunter
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:43 am

Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:50 am

ErieAngler wrote:Where are you from. Shoot me a pm and I'll give you a bunch of spots I know just not sure if they will be near you. Maybe some other members could chime in with more than some smart comments......and remember they too had to start somewhere.


Considering the post was 'Someone to hunt' with but the question was 'Send me some spots' I thought my question was a good one. And keep in mind my martyr friend that 'others' likely work all year 'finding' spots and not asking on the internet. Especially Post #1.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 19426
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby DuckAndDogBoy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:22 am

Thank you Erie Angler for remembering that part of hunting is how this lifestyle unites us and that we don't have to have an "every man for himself" type mentality. Thank you Mr. HNTFSH for your original and incredibly useful input as well.
DuckAndDogBoy
hunter
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:09 am

Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 pm

I still like you, HNTFSH. :lol3:
I need about tree fiddy.
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16924
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:18 pm

DuckAndDogBoy wrote:Thank you Erie Angler for remembering that part of hunting is how this lifestyle unites us and that we don't have to have an "every man for himself" type mentality. Thank you Mr. HNTFSH for your original and incredibly useful input as well.


Get out and earn it like everyone else. After the wetness behind your ears dries you can explain hunting to me.

Botiz630 wrote:I still like you, HNTFSH. :lol3:


Always did think of you as Top 10%. :thumbsup:
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 19426
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby ErieAngler » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Get out and earn it like everyone else. After the wetness behind your ears dries you can explain hunting to me.



This comment is pure stupidity, your intelligence preceeds you, that's for sure.

I'll respond back to your pm, but most of my hunting was NW lake Erie, central Ohio, the hocking and its sloughs. Actually the best advice I can give you is get out of Ohio and into a real flyway, you wouldnt believe the difference.
ErieAngler
hunter
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:43 am

Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:31 pm

ErieAngler wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Get out and earn it like everyone else. After the wetness behind your ears dries you can explain hunting to me.



This comment is pure stupidity, your intelligence preceeds you, that's for sure.

I'll respond back to your pm, but most of my hunting was NW lake Erie, central Ohio, the hocking and its sloughs. Actually the best advice I can give you is get out of Ohio and into a real flyway, you wouldnt believe the difference.


Yes...move! Good advice. :lol3:
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 19426
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby WOODIE13 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Ohio River Island National Refuge for starts
WOODIE13
hunter
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:57 am
Location: WV

Re: Someone To Hunt With

Postby mitch_foster15 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:36 pm

i also live in geauga county, la due is 100% public ONLY WEST of route 44. the east side is reserved for lottery drawings. Aquilla lake is great for ducks, I've never tried auburn marsh, but from the looks of it, it would be hard to get a canoe there. any open water on lake erie, especially by the break walls right outside of cleveland. west branch, grand river... the options are immense. go to odnrs' website, they give you a list of all public hunting by county, along with special rules and regs. if there are any. maps as well to show you the layout of each property.
mitch_foster15
hunter
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 pm


Return to Ohio Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests