Water, or lack there of....

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Water, or lack there of....

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 am

Heading out to do some very early scouting, not sure what I am going to find but I am guessing its not going to be good. What are other people seeing? Lord knows we need to start getting water soon or it's going to be a dry dry dry season.
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Re: Water, or lack there of....

Postby ohio mike » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Drier then a popcorn fart around here.Small holes are dry, ponds are way down, and you can't float a canoe in my river(the Blanchard) in a lot of places that are usually two feet deep. On the bright side the wind storm put a lot of trees down that will hold the Woodies.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Re: Water, or lack there of....

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 am

Yeah I walked a lot of areas the areas that I typically hunt and i was able to walk them all and never even got my boots wet. Did manage to find more tics than I have in any one field day so far this spring or summer, I am not exaggerating when I say I pulled 25 off, luckily all but one were still crawling around. Going to need to start getting rain soon or it will never be enough to fill up wetlands and potholes. Going to be checking on dove fields and a couple other potholes this afternoon. Hopefully the sunflowers are still alive....
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting