OH Hunting License

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

OH Hunting License

Postby carlschmarl2 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:40 am

I just moved here from WI and I'd like to know how do I convert my NY and/or WI Resident hunting licenses to a new Ohio Resident License? What documentation is needed and where can I do it - Gander/*****?

I took my Hunter's Education back in NY years ago, but I have a replacement cert card that I had to show in WI to get my license there.

Also, I still hold a NY Resident License due to their "Lifetime License" and I'll still do a majority of my deer/bear hunting there since we still own a few hundred acres.

THanks.
"Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium"
carlschmarl2
hunter

Re: OH Hunting License

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:19 am

You just buy an Ohio Resident license, once you are an ohio resident. Just need an Ohio drivers license. If you aren't an Ohio resident you would probably need to buy a non-resident.
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Postby carlschmarl2 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:03 am

vtcupped'n'locked wrote:You just buy an Ohio Resident license, once you are an ohio resident. Just need an Ohio drivers license. If you aren't an Ohio resident you would probably need to buy a non-resident.

I finally got my OH DL after the headache at the OMV office. Gotta love the Ohio Bureaucracy...I wonder how many people they employ with this scheme. Registering out of state vehicles, sleds, and trailer is mess too...but I'll save that story for some "duck blind talk".
carlschmarl2
hunter

Postby GoneHunting26 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 pm

I just dealt with the same thing after moving from out of state as well. Since you have your drivers license you can just show that and tell them that you have had a hunter safety course, don't need to show proof. If you haven't lived here for more than 6 months though you need to get a non-resident permit for $120 instead of a resident permit for $20. Funny how you can have a job, a license, and a registered vehicle but when it comes to that you're still considered a non resident? Well, I'll save that for the blind as well.
GoneHunting26
Newb

Postby carlschmarl2 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:00 am

GoneHunting26 wrote:I just dealt with the same thing after moving from out of state as well. Since you have your drivers license you can just show that and tell them that you have had a hunter safety course, don't need to show proof. If you haven't lived here for more than 6 months though you need to get a non-resident permit for $120 instead of a resident permit for $20. Funny how you can have a job, a license, and a registered vehicle but when it comes to that you're still considered a non resident? Well, I'll save that for the blind as well.

Fantastic...
carlschmarl2
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting