Where are you going to goose hunt Opening Day?

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Postby waterfowl23 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:31 pm

How old are ya'll? This is only my second year of waterfowling, Im only 19
waterfowl23
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:52 pm

I'm a bit on the young side, only 21, been at it for uh pretty much since I can remember shooting at geese with my red ryder with my brother and stepdad :yes: I just couldn't never get them to fall :umm:
Waterfowl do you live on Sandy Bay or near it?I have some family out that way, they live off 53, just a couple miles south of 2.I was out there this past weekend, some house right on the bay, it was a blurry night so I can't really tell you where or anything but I know a few people out that way
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby waterfowl23 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:57 pm

I am like 5 minutes away. Very very close to my house, It is a blast, I am hooked for life with waterfowl hunting! And theres only 22 days until the season starts! .... Where were you from again??
waterfowl23
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:24 pm

I live about 40 minutes or so west of you
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby Boomn4x4 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:04 am

I'm 28, and live on the other side of the bridge in Huron.
I love my job, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Postby BooneDawg » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:17 pm

Hello: I'm looking for somebody to take me under there wing...Need to go out with and experience goose hunter. I've got the fever but lack the experience of goose hunting. I've purchase 4 dozen decoys (shells and full bodies). I'm an avid upland hunter but am looking for somebody to show me the ropes for waterfowl. I did go last year to North Dakota duck hunting and had some good success, however I really need help with the geese! I'm willing to pick up the tab for gas, food, shells etc. just looking for some help NOT A FREE RIDE--I'll make it worthwhile. I'd like to learn how to call but really don't know where to start. I've got the gear and time, just need the know how...help--Thanks Dan
"Take'em".....
BooneDawg
hunter

Postby bluebilldays » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 am

I will be heading to one of my big fields. It is 600 acres. Corn, bean, and wheat. It should be a blast. The geese have been in and out of the wheat, and hopefully will be on alittle more of a pattern. I plan on after the geese in the morning to just slam the dove. The farm has 3 seperate wheat field that just got cut and the dove are in them by the hundreds. Just hope they are still there in two weeks. Good luck guys and stay cool and safe.
bluebilldays
hunter

Postby gone winchester » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:59 pm

if I wasnt on deployment right now i would be in my field in ottawa county surrounded by the refugee. Wife tells me the geese are flying around like crazy right now. have fun and be safe yall
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
gone winchester
Banned

Previous

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting