harrison county

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

harrison county

Postby Tyler H » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:24 pm

well im headed on my first trip to some new acquired property i have in harrison county ohio its a family farm with 3 ponds and a small running creek on it i will be taking my first out state duck hunting trip up there during christmas i know most birds will be moved out but i cant let offer like that go just wanted to know if any of yall ever hunted harrison or are around that area like know how the hunting is since i cant get up there to scout due to i live in va and go to school full time i am by no mean cyberscouting just new to a different state..i have been hunting ducks since i was 7 and i am now 18 so i know my way around a bird so its time to move to new areas see if i cant put a few more in the bag this season... id appreciate any information
Tyler H
hunter

Re: harrison county

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:43 pm

It will all depend on the weather. Is it a working farm? If so what was planted?
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Tyler H » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 pm

yes its a working farm we still have cattle and mostly corn and barley i believe and yes i know winters are harsh up there just thinking with the running creek being only running water around would be a magnet
Tyler H
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Tyler H wrote:yes its a working farm we still have cattle and mostly corn and barley i believe and yes i know winters are harsh up there just thinking with the running creek being only running water around would be a magnet

Can be if all water is frozen up and its not - otherwise not so much. Depends on how big a creek. The pasture oughta be a nice field hunt though.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Tyler H » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:31 pm

yeah i understand that the creek is about 15 to 25 yards wide in middle of 4 fields taken layout blinds and bigfoots plan on hunting fields alot and if all else fails i go after the elusive white tail :lol3: thanks for help though i keep touch with my step grandfather hints how i just got new farm see what alls going on and ill let you know how it goes hopefully i melt my gun barrel off :yes:
Tyler H
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Creek spring fed? If so - hope for a really cold December. :thumbsup:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby R. Toker » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:13 pm

I sent you a PM. I live and work in Harrison County and could be of some assistance.
Lynch Mob Calls
Gander Valley Custom Calls
Beretta AL 391 Urika2 28"
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
Beretta SV10 Prevail III 32"
WATERFOWL AND SPORTING CLAYS!!!
R. Toker
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting