Roosters

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Roosters

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Managed to pop a limit of wild bird today for myself over a buddy's Weim. Felt bad...both birds had swing my way and on the second wasn't sure buddy had a line of sight so I took it. Ends up he did. :oops: Good sport though...it's always nice to see your dog produce for friends.

No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Re: Roosters

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Pretty work on the roosters, south of town?
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:05 pm

No - filter strips on private property.

Unless I want a lot of company I don't talk about hunting spots on the internet. Hell, in person either.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:56 pm

I've got a Garmin, how about some numbers? :yes: :hammer: Nice going,the Wiem must have grown up.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 am

ohio mike wrote:I've got a Garmin, how about some numbers? :yes: :hammer: Nice going,the Wiem must have grown up.

It is really unfortunate people can't share. I have been burned so many times just by talking with 'friends' or taking them hunting to find out they told someone else or showed themselves later. There's spots I won't take a really nice guy with a dog just because that will become their new home. Working very hard to not be crowded (and at times sacrificing birds to do it) I just can't share. I will trade...problem is, not many places around here after 40 years of hunting you're gonna show me. At least not someone that has 'no spots' but public hunting areas.

VT - not busting you here dude! Just in general...the number of lazy guys that want to shoot birds but don't work for it is pretty damned high. Especially on the internet!

Mike - Weim is a good dog. She's well bred outta Michigan. We put up the two Roosters and 3 Hens. Warm day didn't help - woulda been nice to stay after it longer.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 am

Ehh I know just am looking for general direction, hunter success is one of the best ways to track bird production. Not looking for even a county just general info, south of town has been good for awhile, north and west are improving...
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Roosters

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:42 am

Nice work, HNT.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am

vtcupped'n'locked wrote:Ehh I know just am looking for general direction, hunter success is one of the best ways to track bird production. Not looking for even a county just general info, south of town has been good for awhile, north and west are improving...

I hear ya. Best way I've found to track bird production is go and hunt. That means lots of unproductive days but a price one pays to be successful more often than not.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 pm

It is really unfortunate people can't share. I have been burned so many times just by talking with 'friends' or taking them hunting to find out they told someone else or showed themselves later. There's spots I won't take a really nice guy with a dog just because that will become their new home. Working very hard to not be crowded (and at times sacrificing birds to do it) I just can't share. I will trade...problem is, not many places around here after 40 years of hunting you're gonna show me. At least not someone that has 'no spots' but public hunting areas.

Have been burnt that way myself. Ever notice my directions are general and to public land only. With very rare exceptions I never give out spots I actually hunt. You do know I was pulling your chain just a little.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 pm

ohio mike wrote:
Have been burnt that way myself. Ever notice my directions are general and to public land only. With very rare exceptions I never give out spots I actually hunt. You do know I was pulling your chain just a little.

Oh I totally know you were! :lol3:

I'm not tellin' public land either though. Living in the city draws lotsa guys...they can all walk-in together right at shooting light hollering at their dogs.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby BLACKJACK225 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Nice looking birds. I don't go much at all but I love pheasant hunting.
BLACKJACK225
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting