need some help...

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

need some help...

Postby BooneDawg » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:24 pm

Hello: I'm looking for somebody to take me under there wing...Need to go out with and experience goose hunter. I've got the fever but lack the experience of goose hunting. I've purchase 4 dozen decoys (shells and full bodies). I'm an avid upland hunter but am looking for somebody to show me the ropes for waterfowl. I did go last year to North Dakota duck hunting and had some good success, however I really need help with the geese! I'm willing to pick up the tab for gas, food, shells etc. just looking for some help NOT A FREE RIDE--I'll make it worthwhile. I'd like to learn how to call but really don't know where to start. I've got the gear and time, just need the know how...help--Thanks Dan
hunter

areas around Akron for Geese

Postby FemDuckHunter » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:06 pm

I grew up in the Akron area. Me and my father usually go to the blind draw at Mogadore Lake. The drawing should be at the end of this month. There is a large group of guys that go to this. They're a pretty nice bunch. You may find someone there. Also, call the wildlife office, they may be able to give you a name. Another option is Mosquito Creek in Trumbull county. They have a drawing soon too, but if you don't get one of their blinds, they have open hunting areas also. Mosquito wildlife officers are also very helpful. I've moved to the Columbus area, so I'm missing all of the NE Ohio duck hunting.
FemDuckHunter
hunter

Postby Smokepole » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:19 am

Fin, Feather, Fur in Ashland, OH is hosting a two-part seminar series at the store on Thursday, August 17th & again on the 24th. They start at 6:00 pm and the first seminar will be a general waterfowl hunting seminar presented by Fred Zink, and Field Hudnall, '04 World Goose Calling and Live Duck Calling Champion. The second Thursday's seminar will be geared towards calling instruction, and we will have Fred and Field in attendance as well as several Pro-Staff members in attendance to work with everyone. These seminars are FREE, and the store will be running a special on Zink merchandise the nights of the seminars

Sincerely
If you must smoke..... make it black powder
Smokepole
hunter

Postby bluebilldays » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:35 am

PM me. I will be glad to show you a few things. I do most of my goose hunting in lorain and medina counties. If you are willing to have fun, and flexibel( I do not schedule anything)too, come along. Only thing is, I cannot stand to hunt with alot of people, so if I am alone or only have one or two partners you are welcome.

V/r,
Brad
bluebilldays
hunter

Postby BooneDawg » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:23 am

Just wanted to say thanks to all. I attended the seminar last night put on by Fred Zink, Clay Hudnall, and Field Hudnall. What an eye opener! I wanted to give a special thank to Fred Zink, I think it is wonderful how he is giving back to the outdoor community with these seminars. I know he sells product while there, but it sure gives you confidence about buying a product when you hear those fellas blow them!!! I picked up a SR-!, a Power Maximus and a Power Clucker. I watched part of the video that came with the SR-1 last evening and tried the call the 45 minute commute into work, I'm thankful I don't have to carpool !
Again thanks to all who put on the seminar and to Fin, Fur and Feather in Ashland, they are a top notch outfitter.
Daniel Boone
P.S. Anybody looking for a hunting partner give me a call 440-668-4700
"Take'em".....
BooneDawg
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting