fairfield county hunting

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

fairfield county hunting

Postby dickieg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am

anyone ever hunted rushcreek lake, oak thorpe, and greenfield lake. looking for public places to hunt when i come home leave.

thanks.
dickieg
hunter

Re: fairfield county hunting

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Per your last post...if you are coming home for Thanksgiving all waterfowl hunting is closed south of I 70 until December 8th. Oak Thorpe and Rush Creek are both south of I 70.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby dickieg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:43 am

ill be coming back in december also i only live 9 hrs away so its not to bad of a drive. I dont need somebody tell where the birds are i was just wondering if anyone has hunted those lakes to see if they are over pressured or not.
dickieg
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 pm

dickieg wrote:ill be coming back in december also i only live 9 hrs away so its not to bad of a drive. I dont need somebody tell where the birds are i was just wondering if anyone has hunted those lakes to see if they are over pressured or not.

Since we got no reply from you on your last post didn't know your travel plans, extra trips, etc. Just trying to make sure you didn't screw yourself.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby dickieg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 pm

everything is going good so far its just hard to plan so far ahead being a marine you never know what uncle sam has got in store for you. Im headed back home today for the holidays so im going to go scout those lakes and see if therir are any birds. i just didnt know if anyone had hunted them since they are small lakes.
dickieg
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:30 am

I've fished Oak Thorpe and imagine the heavy pad cover will make it, tough at least from shore. It'll freeze quick too.

Any success is really going to be weather dependent when you come back. You're welcome to PM me in December and I'll let you know what the state of the state is for ducks in Ohio.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby dickieg » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 am

thanks HNTFSH
dickieg
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting