Auglaize river

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Auglaize river

Postby camolab » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:48 pm

I have 2 spots exclusive to myself to try out. Scouted them and researched a bit. Just want to know if anyone has hunted it before. Dont want any surprises (trouble wise). I will try a small aluminum boat basically tucked on shore first. Another problem. I didnt see any ducks at either spot haha.
camolab
hunter

Re: Auglaize river

Postby t_baker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:37 pm

camolab wrote:I have 2 spots exclusive to myself to try out. Scouted them and researched a bit. Just want to know if anyone has hunted it before. Dont want any surprises (trouble wise). I will try a small aluminum boat basically tucked on shore first. Another problem. I didnt see any ducks at either spot haha.

I camp on the Auglaize all summer long outside Oakwood...And live on it 1 Hour south of Oakwood.....Go hunt it...report back
t_baker
hunter

Postby camolab » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Hmmm You must have edited that post i had to edit mine. Thank you
Last edited by camolab on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camolab
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Careful -imagine flow is up (thank God for some rain). Imagine you're OK as long as not touching or throwing anchor on private property river bottom.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby t_baker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:55 pm

HNTFSH wrote:Careful -imagine flow is up (thank God for some rain). Imagine you're OK as long as not touching or throwing anchor on private property river bottom.

Also keep in mind that if it rains south of where you are its going to be up the next day. Also it can get very dirty. Big logs you wont see at O dark thirty, ect. The river can get sketchy to say the least if your not careful. I would advise you not to hunt it alone in the event that something would happen.
t_baker
hunter

Postby camolab » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:08 pm

T_baker this is going to be a very newbie kind of hunt anyway. i suspect not much shooting going on as i will be training the new choc lab. I will def be on the cautious side since the next few days look rainy. As always thank you guys for all and any advice/tips. If I manage to hit anything I will be sure to snap a few pics :beer:
camolab
hunter

Postby BLACKJACK225 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Never hunted it so can't help you out but good luck! :thumbsup:
BLACKJACK225
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Killed a pair of Mallards on the Auglaize today. I live on the Blanchard, my daughter lives on the Auglaize. If I could ever get this foggy old brain to figure out how I'd post some some pics. Almost forgot the rivers are down right now,don't ask how or why I don't know.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby camolab » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 am

OK good so there is hope yet. Ohio mike if you cant figure it out send them to me i can easily post them up for you
camolab
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting