New to Ohio

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, cartervj, jsa

New to Ohio

Postby NYducks55 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:50 am

Hey guys-

I just moved to Ohio from western NY and looking to connect with a few guys around my area (medina).i am also looking for some help finding someone who is good with training labs ( I have a chocolate) 6 months old and need some help... Hope to hear back from you all!
NYducks55
hunter

Re: New to Ohio

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 am

I live in Wooster about 30 miles south of you. I don't know any trainers though. I will ask my wifes cousin he raises Chocolates
“The Blue Book says we've got to go out and it doesn't say a damn thing about having to come back.” -
Captain Patrick Etheridge, USLSS
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby BuckeyeZac » Tue May 14, 2013 8:31 pm

I work in both Wooster and Medina but I can't help ya with the dog training!
BuckeyeZac
hunter

Postby NYducks55 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Ok cool guys thanks.... how is the hunting around these parts
NYducks55
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:05 pm

lots of public areas to hunt. Check the regs Killbuck has funky rules on the first split. Goose is your best bet unless you have acess to a lease. I dont. if you work hard 2-3 a day is great
“The Blue Book says we've got to go out and it doesn't say a damn thing about having to come back.” -
Captain Patrick Etheridge, USLSS
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Ducksnuff870 » Sat May 18, 2013 6:12 am

I can prob give ya some pointers on lab training. I have one laying on my feet as I type this. She's my best friend but she's a liberal. She hates guns lol. She plays in the swamp all day long and retrieves,sits,stays,rides in the canoe all the basics but is gunshy. With that being said if I were you I'd go buy a cap gun from the drugstore and shoot that thing around your pup frequently. I had a really nice male dog that passed a few yrs ago. He was a retrieving/hunting machine. We trained him ourselves. I have several hounds as well that i trained for coon,squirrel and rabbit. PM with any lab questions you have. I'm no expert but I know enough.
Ducksnuff870
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting