Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:44 am

Has anyone hunted this area. Thinking about going up for a couple of draws this year. Odnrs website doesnt say much.

Can you walk to most blinds or do you need a boat
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Re: Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby t_baker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:42 am

Internet scouter.
t_baker
hunter

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:33 am

I put in for the lottery, we'll see if I get drawn. Have not hunted there myself and too far of drive to try it if I don't have a guaranteed place. Probably be some phone calls in order if I do get drawn.
VT
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 am

t_baker wrote:Internet scouter.

shush lol.

They do drawings on saturdays at 5:15 am. If you dont get an am hunt you get one in the afternoon. I may go up too
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:11 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Has anyone hunted this area. Thinking about going up for a couple of draws this year. Odnrs website doesnt say much.

I've been up there a couple times, I don't believe you need a boat for any of it but some of the zones are a hike. Especially if you do like I did and walk all the way out on the wrong side of the ditch :fingerhead:

If you don't get drawn for the morning they do another draw for the afternoon, anything left over is up for grabs.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:31 am

Botiz630 wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Has anyone hunted this area. Thinking about going up for a couple of draws this year. Odnrs website doesnt say much.

I've been up there a couple times, I don't believe you need a boat for any of it but some of the zones are a hike. Especially if you do like I did and walk all the way out on the wrong side of the ditch :fingerhead:

If you don't get drawn for the morning they do another draw for the afternoon, anything left over is up for grabs.

Thanks Titz

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:03 am

You going by yourself or with somebody? If I remember correctly there are only a couple solo zones.

Holler at me sometime this season and I'll go up with you if I can make it work.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:07 am

Botiz630 wrote:You going by yourself or with somebody? If I remember correctly there are only a couple solo zones.

Holler at me sometime this season and I'll go up with you if I can make it work.

I was going to go by myself because I didn't know what was going on, but you are more than welcome to come.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby SirChadwick » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:15 pm

I just live 40 mins from there and I do alot of hunting on Pickerel Creek. If you have any questions feel free to ask away!!!
SirChadwick
Newb

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting