Central Ohio Hunt

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Central Ohio Hunt

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:40 am

I know a lot of other states have put something like this on, would there be any interest to put together an Ohio area hunt with a group of 4 or 5 of us?
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Re: Central Ohio Hunt

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:02 am

I'd come down and hunt with ya.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:37 am

vtcupped'n'locked wrote:I know a lot of other states have put something like this on, would there be any interest to put together an Ohio area hunt with a group of 4 or 5 of us?

You got any ducks?
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:48 am

t_baker wrote:
vtcupped'n'locked wrote:I know a lot of other states have put something like this on, would there be any interest to put together an Ohio area hunt with a group of 4 or 5 of us?

You got any ducks?

Pobably not :lol3: ,but it's a chance to go drink beer somehere other than the house
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:45 am

Ehh figured we could do it at a public marsh that everyone is familiar with. Could probably only be 3 or 4 people total but thought it would be a fun excuse to meet people.
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:55 am

Im in.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Yeah I am guessing orangemilk, botiz, and buckeyezac may be in. Just need to figure out a time that works for the most folks. Will be a north zone hunt, thoughts on first or second split?
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Either one works for me. Where are you thinking about going ?

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Probably just big island, but I would be open to suggestions. Would like to do a midweek hunt if possible, but we still shouldn't have problems as long as we avoid the opener. I doubt I will ever hunt an Ohio opener again on public ground after last year.
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:36 pm

that works it's about an 1 1/2 from me im definetly in

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby BuckeyeZac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Yeah I'm in!
BuckeyeZac
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:12 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:that works it's about an 1 1/2 from me im definetly in

I think I got vetoed out.
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:27 pm

t_baker wrote:

titz aint showing up

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OrangeMilk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Yes you guessed correct, I would be in.

I also agree with Big Island, I've never hunted there and I want to, I think I'm going to go for Doves up there to do some scouting.

Delaware is supposed to flood their marsh this year, unlike last year. So maybe there would be a though too. Plus, if the hunt is bad can jog over to the Cardinal center and shoot some clays, just to say we at least shot something.

I'm planning on going for a blind at deer creek, not the best place, but it's close to my fathers house, so if I get a blind we could all roll out there one day.

Where ever, I don't care, I like hunting and meeting people and learning. Midweek may be difficult for me as I am hopefully changing jobs here very soon, which will mean very much difficulty in getting days off, but who knows.
If you see the ammo in my avatar on sale anywhere, please let me know, thanks.
OrangeMilk
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
t_baker wrote:

titz aint showing up

Must just be the cool kids.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:05 pm

Shut up, all of you. I'm coming to this, I don't care whether you want me to or not.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Glad to see this is the most action we have had on here in a long time......
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter

Postby dale&missmollie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:55 pm

I would love to learn and hunt new areas of our great state of Ohio - Not much good waterfowling near me without driving an hour or 2
dale&missmollie
hunter

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:45 am

OrangeMilk wrote:Yes you guessed correct, I would be in.

I also agree with Big Island, I've never hunted there and I want to, I think I'm going to go for Doves up there to do some scouting.

Delaware is supposed to flood their marsh this year, unlike last year. So maybe there would be a though too. Plus, if the hunt is bad can jog over to the Cardinal center and shoot some clays, just to say we at least shot something.

I'm planning on going for a blind at deer creek, not the best place, but it's close to my fathers house, so if I get a blind we could all roll out there one day.

Where ever, I don't care, I like hunting and meeting people and learning. Midweek may be difficult for me as I am hopefully changing jobs here very soon, which will mean very much difficulty in getting days off, but who knows.

When is the draw for Deer Creek, I just recently rent a place there and was try to find out some info about the draw. It would be something I could only hunt a few time a year so we could probably work something out to your advantage if I were to get drawed.
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:33 am

Botiz630 wrote:Shut up, all of you. I'm coming to this, I don't care whether you want me to or not.

Come on with it Titz. I should do one here at Funk or Killbuck you and baker are invited

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby BuckeyeZac » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:36 am

I think most public lake draws are Saturday August 17th at 8am. ODNR site had a press release on it.
BuckeyeZac
hunter

Postby t_baker » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:47 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:Shut up, all of you. I'm coming to this, I don't care whether you want me to or not.

Come on with it Titz. I should do one here at Funk or Killbuck you and baker are invited

Pertinent question. Do all you guys have boats/dogs? Or is this that walking in and using a fishing pole to get your bird type hunting?
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:52 am

t_baker wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Pertinent question. Do all you guys have boats/dogs? Or is this that walking in and using a fishing pole to get your bird type hunting?

No boat no dog. Im 6'4 so i can wade almost anywhere i hunt

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby t_baker » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:22 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
t_baker wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

No boat no dog. Im 6'4 so i can wade almost anywhere i hunt

I knew your answer geesh. I was talking about the rest of these fellas.
t_baker
hunter

Postby t_baker » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:23 am

Titz. Time wise, how long from your door step to Lakeview?
t_baker
hunter

Next

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting